If you've never made your own soap before, you would probably be surprised by how easy it can be. Adding essential oils to homemade soap is a wonderful way to infuse potent, natural fragrances. Not to mention, it allows you to experience any benefits the oils may hold for the skin. The step-by-step instructions for this DIY Rosemary Spearmint Soap are easy to follow, with an end product that smells lovely and refreshing.
Olive oil melt-and-pour soap base
15 drops Spearmint oil
15 drops Rosemary oil
Optional: Dried herbs
Disclaimer: Although these images show fresh herbs in the soap, we highly recommend only using dried herbs. The fresh herbs (although beautiful) turn the soap brown after a few days.
- Cut off the amount of soap base you want to use and place it into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the soap into liquid form in increments of 30 seconds.
- Add a handful of dried hebrs to the soap mold.
- Add Spearmint and Rosemary essential oils.
- Mix together and pour into molds.
- Let it sit for an hour.
- Remove the soap from the mold.
Note: The soap should be good for a few months.