One of the most well-researched benefits of essential oils is their ability to set a mood. To promote a calming and relaxing environment you should diffuse a floral oil—especially something with high concentrations of linalool or linalyl acetate. If you need to create an uplifting or energizing atmosphere, a few drops of Wild Orange in the palms and directly inhaling will do the trick. Everyone has their favorite single oils, but it is in blending, creating a mixture of volatile aromatic compounds that is unique to your specific needs, that the real power of aroma can be experienced.
Blending is both an art and a science. The doTERRA Emotional Aromatherapy® Kit was formulated with a combination of historical use and modern research to address common concerns. To develop the perfect soothing and uplifting blend, it all starts with science. Adaptiv is a proprietary blend of eight essential oils that can be used in a myriad of ways to promote well-being.
Buy Adaptiv Now
The Essential Oil Science Behind Adaptiv
- Wild Orange- Wild Orange is commonly used in essential oil blends because of its uniquely energizing yet calming aroma. Clinical research has shown that due to its concentration of limonene, aromatic and topical application of Wild Orange helps create a positive, relaxing environment1,2.
- Lavender- The calming and relaxing aroma of Lavender essential oil is often considered the root of modern aromatherapy and the past century has provided a significant amount of evidence to support it. Whether applied topically or used aromatically, human clinical trials have confirmed the ability of Lavender’s aroma to create a positive atmosphere, reduce occasional feelings of anxiousness and stress, and create a restful environment3-5.
- Copaiba- As the essential oil with the highest known concentration of beta-caryophyllene, Copaiba’s spectrum of benefits is almost endless. While it is primarily known for its use in traditional wellness practices and for being great for the skin topically, the rich concentration of beta-caryophyllene also imparts an uplifting aroma.
- Spearmint- The dominant volatile aromatic compound in the chemical composition of Spearmint essential oil is the monoterpene ketone, carvone. Along with having benefits when applied topically (specifically, cleansing properties), initial human clinical research has shown that essential oils high in carvone (Spearmint and Dill) have an uplifting and arousing aroma that energizes the atmoshpere7.
- Magnolia- Magnolia has one of the highest concentrations of the monoterpene alcohol, linalool. Along with its many benefits when applied topically, preclinical studies suggest essential oils rich in linalool promote a calm, relaxing environment but more confirming clinical research is needed8.
- Rosemary- Rosemary has a unique chemical composition, including significant concentrations of 1,8-cineole, camphor, and alpha-pinene. The combination of these three monoterpenes creates a distinct aroma that initial clinical research suggests may support feelings of alertness and focus, and reduced feelings of stress9,10. More confirming clinical studies are needed.
- Neroli- Neroli is unique in that it has many of the characteristics of essential oils rich in linalool and linalyl acetate, but being derived from a citrus tree (Citrus aurantium), it also has significant concentrations of limonene. Several clinicals confirm the ability of Neroli essential oil to support calm feelings when experienced aromatically11,12.
- Sweetgum- Liquidambar, more commonly referred to as “sweetgum”, produces a resinous sap (liquid amber) that can be steam distilled to produce an essential oil with a wide spectrum of benefits13. The resulting substance is a unique combination of volatile aromatic compounds that are not commonly found in other essential oils, and emit a unique aroma with pine, floral, and spicy notes. While it is primarily known for its benefits to the skin when applied topically, sweetgum essential oil is also commonly used to promote a calm and restful environment15.
Why Should I Use the Adaptiv Blend?
We all have our own unique needs. Essential oils are a convenient and effective tool for supporting your emotional well-being. Experimentation is the best way to find out what works for you, but science provides some compelling evidence that the way aroma influences us is not exclusively individual. Formulated with precise amounts of many of nature’s most uplifting aromas, Adaptiv can be your go-to to support the soothing and uplifting atmosphere you need throughout the day.