Spearmint Oil Uses and Benefits
Essential Oil Spotlight
Essential Oil Spotlight
Spearmint Oil Product Description
Commonly known for its flavor, spearmint is a perennial plant that offers a sweet and minty taste and aroma. For years, spearmint has thrived in the candy, gum, and dental product industries because of its favorable savor and breath-freshening properties. Spearmint essential oil also promotes fresh breath and is used frequently in cooking and baking to create salad dressings, drinks, desserts, and meat marinades. Aromatically, the cleansing and energizing aroma of Spearmint essential oil encourages a sense of focus while simultaneously uplifting mood. Spearmint oil can also promote digestion and help to reduce occasional stomach upset.* Spearmint is very different from Peppermint, making it a milder option to use on children and those with sensitive skin.
Where to Buy Spearmint Oil
To buy a bottle of pure Spearmint, visit the Spearmint oil product page or order from a local doTERRA Wellness Advocate.
- One of the strongest benefits of Spearmint oil is that it promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset.* When experiencing periodic stomach discomfort or after eating a large meal, dilute one drop of Spearmint oil in 4 fl. oz of liquid and drink. Spearmint oil can also be taken internally by dropping the oil into a Veggie Capsule and ingesting.
- Feeling the blues? Try using some Spearmint oil to brighten up your day. Spearmint oil consists of chemical components such as carvone and limonene. These organic constituents have energizing and uplifting properties. Use Spearmint oil topically or aromatically to receive the mood uplifting benefits of these components.
- After reading or studying for long amounts of time, use Spearmint essential oil topically to help promote a sense of focus. Diffusing Spearmint oil will also help promote a sense of focus and will help uplift mood. For the best diffuser results, place three to four drops of Spearmint oil into the diffuser of your choice and enjoy the minty aroma as it elevates your mind and mood.
- Before leaving your house for the day, apply Spearmint essential oil to your toothbrush before you brush your teeth. Once you’ve bushed your teeth, you will be ready to take on the day with fresh breath and a hint of mint in your mouth. Spearmint oil is an ideal essential oil to incorporate in oral care routines due to its ability to freshen breath and cleanse the mouth.
- Please your taste buds and your stomach by adding Spearmint oil to your kitchen creations. For a delicious, minty flavor, add one or two drops of Spearmint oil into any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée. When added to non-baked or non-cooked foods, Spearmint oil will not just serve as a flavoring, it will also aid in digestion.*