The floral oils offered by doTERRA are each unique because of the delicacy of the flower petals they come from. Among them, Jasmine absolute is unique not only for its rarity, but also because of the way it has to be produced. While most floral oils can be steam distilled, Jasmine oil is created as an absolute because steam distillation would destroy its delicate chemistry. Absolutes are similar to essential oils, but they are extracted in a different way. An absolute need to have the wax and paraffin separated out from the volatile aromatic compounds to make the final product more potent.
Jasmine Touch combines Fractionated Coconut oil with Jasmine absolute for gentle application and ease-of-use. Regarded as the “King of Flowers,” Jasmine is prized for its highly fragrant aroma throughout the fragrance industry, making Jasmine Touch ideal to use as a personal fragrance without the addition of any other scent or chemicals. Previously only available as a promotional product, doTERRA is proud to offer Jasmine permanently.
Jasmine Touch Uses and Benefits
- No one lives a life completely free of worry or obstacles. Sometimes, the problems you face can leave you feeling gloomy or unsatisfied with life. Such feelings, while only temporary, can be hard to overcome. To brighten your outlook and ground yourself in the present moment, apply Jasmine Touch to your palms, cup your hands over your nose, and breathe deeply to inhale the warm fragrance.
- The skin on your face is the most delicate. Take extra care of your face by adding Jasmine Touch to your facial routine. Apply it twice a day, usually in the morning and evening, to any problem areas before applying your moisturizer.
- Having Jasmine Touch in a roll-on bottle makes it the perfect oil to keep in your bag for on-the-go topical application. You can keep up with your busy lifestyle, always knowing you have the perfect way to boost your mood, at a moment’s notice. You could also add it to your teenager’s backpack to empower them to uplift their own mood or use on any skin imperfections.
- Apply Jasmine Touch to your temples before a workout at the gym to stay positive, or have it on hand to use after you finish your exercise to take advantage of it as a natural, mood-lifting perfume.
- Layer it on your skin with other roll-on oils, such as Lavender Touch or Frankincense Touch, to create a sense of relaxation and peace. Do this on the bottom of your feet, or on your temples to enjoy the scent.
Where to Buy Jasmine Touch
To purchase a CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ bottle of Jasmine Touch, see the Jasmine Touch product page. The CPTG® standard is the doTERRA promise to you that every oil from the doTERRA product line has been tested strenuously to ensure that it contains the best aromatic compounds available, but also that it does not contain any contaminants that would put your family at risk.
Harvesting By Hand
In the fertile land of Egypt, Jasmine harvesters, many of them women, awake early in the morning—around 2:30 am to go to the fields of jasmine shrubs. They arise this early to pick the blossoms at just the right time for the best essential oil. Jasmine blooms best in the early morning hours, and therefore produces the highest-quality aromatic compounds before the sun rises.
At such an early hour, their task is not an easy one. Each blossom has to be plucked by hand as no machine exists that could select the blossoms with such a careful hand. To produce three pounds of jasmine absolute, it take around one ton of Jasmine flowers. For each ton, the harvesters have to collect a total of 6,000,000 flowers.
To prolong the life of the plant, the harvesters are only given a certain number of plants to pick from for the day. The more experienced harvesters are able to pick the blossoms quickly, and return home to their families or other jobs later in the day. They watch as their baskets are weighed to make sure the amount is correct. In return for their efforts, they always are paid fairly and on time.