- For a soothing DIY steam facial, fill a large bowl with steaming water, add a couple of drops of Ylang Ylang and any other oils you want to include, then cover your head with a towel and place your face above the steaming bowl.
- Add a drop of Ylang Ylang to a warm bath with Epsom salts.
- Brush a drop or two of Ylang Ylang through your hair.
- Make a personalized fragrance using Ylang Ylang and any other oils you want to include and applying it to your wrists and neck.
- Take internally for antixoidant support.*
What Is Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Good For?
Traditionally, Ylang Ylang has been used as part of religious and wedding ceremonies for centuries. It has also been used extensively in aromatherapy for its ability to create a soothing, positive, relaxed environment. It is also used to ease a tense and stressful atmosphere.
Taken internally, Ylang Ylang essential oil offers antioxidant support.* It can also support healthy immune function when taken internally.*
Is Ylang Ylang Oil Good for Skin?
Hair and skin care are another great way to use for Ylang Ylang oil. Ylang Ylang provides nourishing and protective properties to your skin and hair that will leave them feeling luxurious and smelling divine.
How to Use Ylang Ylang Oil
Ylang Ylang can be used aromatically, topically, and internally. Diffuse Ylang Ylang in the evenings to help you wind down. Combine it with Bergamot or Grapefruit for some citrus uplift and a fun twist in aroma.
You can also access the aromatic benefits by applying it topically. Apply it to pulse points, the back of the neck, or even in your hair to carry that sweet Ylang Ylang aroma with you all day. Include a drop of Ylang Ylang oil when you apply your moisturizer or use lotion for added skin benefits and a soft floral scent.
To take Ylang Ylang essential oil internally and access the antioxidant benefits, add a drop or two to a drink like tea or juice or take in a veggie capsule.*
What Does Ylang Ylang Oil Smell Like?
Chances are, you’ve probably smelled Ylang Ylang before in a perfume, lotion, or another product because its sweet, rich, spicy scent is commonly used in the perfume and fragrance industry. The aroma of Ylang Ylang is sometimes compared to Jasmine.
Use Ylang Ylang essential oil as a sweet, floral perfume or create your own personal fragrance by combining it with another oil or two like doTERRA Jasmine Touch, doTERRA Neroli Touch, or doTERRA Magnolia Touch.