Tangerine Oil Product Description
The tangerine fruit was used throughout history in Chinese culture and herbal health practices. Tangerine essential oil smells like the tangy, sweet-smelling aroma that comes from the tangerine fruit. Cold pressed from fruit of the Citrus reticulata tree, Tangerine oil contains antioxidants* and can be used in a variety of recipes for its flavor. With a fresh scent and countless uses, this is a helpful essential oil to have in your collection.
Where to Buy Tangerine Oil
To buy a pure bottle of Tangerine, visit the Tangerine oil product page. In order to receive the full benefits of essential oils, it is important to purchase oils that are pure and potent. Many essential oils available for purchase lack purity and potency and are riddled with filler substances and contaminants. At doTERRA, our mission is to provide high-quality essential oils that are free of harmful contaminants and fillers so that each essential oil can produce its full benefits. We ensure the purity and potency of our oils by putting each batch of oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol involves multiple intensive tests that determine the quality of each oil.
Tangerine Oil Uses and Benefits
- The sweet flavor of Tangerine oil comes in handy when you want to add a tangy kick to baked goods. Consider adding two to three drops of the oil to your favorite cake, cookie, or scone recipes, and enjoy the sweet, exhilarating flavor that Tangerine oil can bring to your most beloved sweet treat. For a deilicious recipe that uses Tangerine essential oil, check out these Tangerine Cranberry Scones.
- To utilize the cleansing and purifying properties of Tangerine oil, consider using it in homemade cleaning agents. Adding a few drops of Tangerine to your homemade all-purpose spray will leave countertops and surfaces in the home fresh and clean. Not only will a DIY essential oil cleaning spray help you remove any grime from the surfaces around your home, it will also leave behind a lovely smell—especially if you use Tangerine oil. Use the refreshing scent of Tangerine and Spearmint oil to help freshen the sink with these DIY Tangerine and Spearmint Garbage Disposal Refreshers. You can easily make them at home and they will leave the kitchen smelling lovely!
- Like other citrus essential oils, Tangerine oil can help support a healthy immune system when taken internally.* Because it contains powerful antioxidants, this oil can be useful when you want a little extra support for your immune system.* To utilize the immune-supporting benefits of Tangerine oil, consider adding one or two drops to your water to take internally.*
- Tangerine oil can also be used topically to help promote feelings of happiness. When you need some extra sunshine in your life, apply Tangerine oil topically to flex points or your abdomen. If you are concerned about skin sensitivity, be sure to dilute the oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil before applying to reduce the risk of skin sensitivity or irritation.
- While the flavor of Tangerine oil can be helpful for adding variety to desserts and baked goods, it is also useful when added to your favorite beverages. You can always add a few drops of Tangerine essential oil to your water, morning smoothies, summer lemonade, or tea when you need some extra flavor. Remember—you don’t need many drops of an essential oil to add a lot of flavor to your drink, so start small. You can always add more drops if you feel like you need more flavor. Need a delicious, refreshing punch recipe? Try this Tangerine Paradise Punch for a flavorful drink that looks as good as it tastes.
- Citrus essential oils like Lemon, Lime, and Wild Orange are commonly known for their stimulating, energizing effects when used aromatically. Like its citrus oil friends, Tangerine essential oil also holds uplifting properties during aromatic use. When you want to uplift or energize your mood, put one to two drops of Tangerine oil on your palm, rub your hands together, and place your hands over your nose for 30 seconds. If you prefer to enjoy the uplifting scent of Tangerine oil for a longer period of time, consider adding a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser and experience the refreshing aroma as it fills the room.
- If you are looking for a delicious recipe that will allow you to use the sweet flavor of Tangerine essential oil, look no further! This Tangerine Fruit Dip from the doTERRA blog will soon become your favorite snack. With only four ingredients, you can quickly throw together a delicious dip that is prefect for dipping grapes, apples, strawberries, and more.
Tangerine fruit grows on the Citrus reticulata tree, an evergreen that bears bright orange, sweet citrus fruit and white flowers. Because of the sweet scent and taste of the tangerine fruit, it is commonly used for desserts, beverages, and spreads. The tangerine fruit is also frequently eaten plain, because it is easy to peel and considered a juicy, delicious snack. Tangerine essential oil is taken from the peel or rind of the tangerine fruit through the process of cold expression. While the process of steam distillation uses heat to extract essential oils from plants, the process of cold pressing extracts the oil from the rind of the fruit.
Chemistry of Tangerine Oil
Main Chemical Components: Limonene
Essential oils like Tangerine that have high levels of the monoterpene limonene are often known for their ability to have stimulating and enhancing effects on mood. The stimulating and mood-enhancing effects of tangerine can be experienced by using the oil aromatically—diffusing or inhaling the essential oil. When found in essential oils, limonene is also known for its cleansing and purifying properties, which makes it helpful for cleansing surfaces around the home.
What Blends Well with Tangerine Essential Oil?
As a sweet, citrus essential oil, Tangerine blends well with a variety of oils for diffusion. When you want to embrace the scents of fall, consider blending Tangerine oil with warm, spicy oils like Cinnamon Bark or Clove. You can also blend Tangerine oil with other citrus oils like Bergamot or Lemon for a bright, uplifting aroma. The tangy scent of Tangerine essential oil can also blend well with mint essential oils like Peppermint or Spearmint.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Buy Tangerine Now