Derived from the leaf of a tall evergreen tree, Eucalyptus oil offers many topical and aromatic benefits. Because the main chemical components of Eucalyptus oil are eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol, this essential oil has a soothing, cooling vapor. These effects make Eucalyptus oil ideal for a soothing massage. The benefits of Eucalyptus oil can be easily obtained through inhaling and diffusing. Aromatically, the compounds of Eucalyptus oil can promote feelings of a clear mind and relaxation. Eucalyptus oil also contains strong purifying properties that are advantageous for the skin and can be used to cleanse surfaces and the air. Due to its cleansing properties, Eucalyptus oil is found in mouth rinses to freshen breath and promote oral health.
Where to Buy Eucalyptus Oil
To order a pure and potent bottle of Eucalyptus, visit the Eucalyptus oil product page or order from a local doTERRA Wellness Advocate.
In order for essential oils to be completely effective, they must be pure and potent. Too often, essential oils available for sale contain impurities and fillers. These unwanted substances weaken the power of an essential oil and can reduce its ability to satisfy individual needs. To ensure that all doTERRA essential oil products are effective, potent, and pure, doTERRA puts each batch of essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol contains a series of rigorous tests that examine and evaluate each batch of essential oils. If the essential oils are potent and pure, they then qualify to be packaged and sold. These thorough precautions are a crucial step to providing effective oils that can fill the needs of those that purchase them.
Eucalyptus Oil Uses and Benefits
- Keep your surfaces clean and fingerprint free with the cleansing benefits of Eucalyptus oil all-purpose spray. To create this simple cleaner, mix 10 drops of Eucalyptus oil, Peppermint oil, and Wild Orange oil with 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 3/4 cup water in a 16. oz glass spray bottle. Then, simply shake the bottle and spray on needed surfaces. This spray is perfect for a quick clean around the house and smells great!
- Make your shower experience even more relaxing. Place two drops Eucalyptus oil directly onto the shower floor while you are showering. The steam from the water will create a natural diffuser for the Eucalyptus oil, leaving you with a clear, invigorated feeling.
- After a long day, let your tense feelings go with the help of Eucalyptus oil. Put some Eucalyptus oil in a diffuser before bedtime. The aroma of Eucalyptus oil will promote feelings of relaxation, preparing you for a better night’s sleep.
- Don’t just settle for a run-of-the-mill lotion. Transform your moisturizer into a beneficial product for your skin and your senses. Add one drop of Eucalyptus essential oil to a moisturizer of your choice. Rub this mixture together and then apply it to your skin for revitalizing benefits.
- If you are feeling tension but have little time to relax, don’t stifle your feelings, let them go with the help of Eucalyptus essential oil. Next time you feel tension, place a few drops of Eucalyptus oil into your hands, cup your hands over your nose, and inhale deeply. This simple and quick process will give you a calming yet energizing boost.
- Use Eucalyptus oil in your massage practices to create a soothing massage experience. Eucalyptus can be easily combined with a cream or lotion of your choice to help spread the effects of the oil while also bringing moisturizing benefits to your skin. The chemical components found in Eucalyptus oil also produce a soothing, cooling vapor, which makes it an ideal oil for massage use.
- The aromatic benefits of Eucalyptus oil can be easily obtained when diffused. During the winter months or on a cold, dreary day, use Eucalyptus oil to invigorate, soothe, and uplift.
- Yoga and meditation can both be calming activities that can help unify and revitalize your body. Part of what makes these activities so renewing is having time to clear the mind of unnecessary or cluttered thoughts. To help enhance your yoga or meditation experience, incorporate Eucalyptus oil into your practice, as it helps clear the mind.
Eucalyptus trees are sometimes referred to as Gum Trees. Find out more about where doTERRA Eucalyptus comes from here
The eucalyptus plant is an evergreen tree that can grow up to 50 feet in height. Growing from this perennial are hundreds of eucalyptus leaves. Eucalyptus leaves are thin, long, and green in color. Eucalyptus essential oil is extracted from the leaves.Chemistry of Eucalyptus Oil
Main Chemical Components
: Eucalyptol, alpha-terpineol
The two main chemical components of Eucalyptus oil are Eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol. Eucalyptol is one of several prominent oxides found in a specific group of essential oils. These oxides provide many powerful benefits, most of which are found in Eucalyptus oil. Many oxides, such as Eucalyptol, offer powerful cleansing benefits and a produce a soothing, cooling vapor. When specific oxides are applied topically, they can also rejuvenate and invigorate the skin. Eucalyptus oil contains a very high concentration of Eucalyptol, which makes Eucalyptus oil an ideal oil for obtaining many of these oxide benefits. For more information about Eucalyptol and other organic chemicals found in essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog
.Oils that Blend Well with Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus blends well with Thyme
, and Cedarwood
essential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.