Throughout doTERRA’s 10 years of progress, we have made several landmarks that impacted our field and set us apart as leaders in essential oil science. Whether you’ve been with us through the years or are just joining our global community, you may be surprised to learn how much goes on behind the scenes in doTERRA Science.
- doTERRA establishes the CPTG® testing process, the highest standard in the essential oil industry.
- Nicole Stevens, MS, becomes doTERRA’s first research partner.
- Our first study is published in the peer-reviewed journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine showing the effectiveness of the doTERRA On Guard® blend in supporting the immune system.
- doTERRA partners with a major research university for an essential oil pilot study, where, for the first time, essential oils are diffused in a hospital setting to support staff satisfaction and patient care.
- The Medical Advisory Board and Scientific Advisory Board are formed. These are composed of physicians, scientists, and leading essential oil experts.
- doTERRA partners with a continuing care retirement community located in Augusta, Georgia, called Brandon Wilde. The first volunteer program and pilot study regarding the AromaTouch® Hand Technique is initiated to determine the benefits on residents.
- doTERRA scientists perform an on-site human clinical trial to study the benefits of the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack®. The peer-reviewed study was published in 2017.
- Through one of doTERRA’s most prominent research partnerships, we became the first to have all of our essential oils and blends studied against various microorganisms.
- doTERRA is the first essential oil company to team up with BioSeek and study all doTERRA oils and the biomarkers they associate with in the human genome, which contains about 20,000 genes. This was a tremendous undertaking that generated extensive data and several peer-reviewed publications.
- After collaborating with doTERRA as a research partner for several years, Nicole Stevens, MS, joins our Research and Development department as the Managing Scientist of Essential Oils.
- Clinical research on doTERRA Serenity® Restful Complex softgels and their positive impact on sleep is published in the peer-reviewed journal Cogent Medicine.
- doTERRA publishes 17 peer-reviewed research studies on essential oils.
- doTERRA helps facilitate the inaugural Essential Oil Symposium for Medical Professionals in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- doTERRA became the first essential oil company to use molecular docking and computer-aided discovery techniques in essential oil research.
- doTERRA publishes clinical research in the Journal of Integrative Medicine and Therapy on the positive effects of the AromaTouch® Technique. With this publication, doTERRA is the first essential oil company to publish peer-reviewed research on a proprietary essential oil application method.
- doTERRA is the first essential oil company to team up with a research university to examine the effects of essential oils on entire biochemical pathways.
doTERRA is committed to quality and innovation. We have conducted science from the beginning of our story, and that pursuit has kept us on the cutting edge of the essential oil industry. We have some exciting new things coming up, including: more publications, new research partnerships, innovative projects, and much more. Stay tuned in with doTERRA Science for the latest in essential oil discovery by following us on Facebook and Instagram.