This recipe may seem complicated because of the amount of ingredients, but it's easy. This would be a great lunch to make with the kids, or simple to serve as a main dish for your next barbecue.
2 pounds chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
2 generous glugs balsamic vinegar
2–3 tablespoons raw honey
5 drops Lemon oil
5 drops Basil oil
4 drops Marjoram oil
2 drops Cilantro oil
¼ cup olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh herbs
4 ounces Greek yogurt
1 avocado, skinned and pitted
1 tablespoon raw honey
Small glug of red wine vinegar
4–6 drops Lemon oil
Salt and pepper to taste
6–8 brioche rolls or some other buttery, soft bread
1 English cucumber, sliced thinly
2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Put chicken in a container or plastic bag. Add the rest of the chicken marinade ingredients to make a marinade. Let marinate for at least three hours, or overnight.
- In a food processor or blender, add garlic and herbs and pulse until chopped.
- Add avocado, Greek yogurt, raw honey, red wine vinegar, Lemon essential oil, and salt and pepper. Process until the mixture is combined.
- Grill chicken on a hot grill rack for 8–10 minutes, or until chicken loses its pink color and reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Let chicken stand for at least five minutes. In the meantime, cut the rolls and get ready to build your sandwiches.
- Put spread onto both the top and bottom halves of the roll. Layer spinach on the bottom, then chicken, then cucumber.