Who doesn't love soft, moisturized, and healthy skin? The butters and oils used in this recipe are the perfect combination that will leave your skin moisturized for days after applying. Customize your whipped body butter with any essential oil of your choice.
½ cup shea butter
½ cup cocoa butter
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 drops Grapefruit oil*
15 drops Wild Orange oil*
Buy Grapefruit Now
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. (10–15 minutes) Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has set.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
Note: Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to the desired consistency with a hand mixture.
*Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, so we don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application. The personal care products that doTERRA produces, such as the doTERRA Salon Essentials®, lotions, etc., are a little different. The shampoo and cleansers are wash-off products, so there is no concern for photosensitivity there. The products that stay on, such as the lip balm and lotion, use citrus oils in small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm. Because we work closely with experts on formulations, we are able to provide a safe product. Essential oils at full strength on their own are very potent, which is why they carry the photosensitivity warning.