Between baby showers, birthdays, and weddings, gifts are a big part of our lives, but sometimes it's hard to find the perfect thing. When it comes to those who love and support you, give them something homemade and meaningful. Instead of randomly searching for a gift they'll never use, feel confident about our Lemon Poppy Seed Soap Bar recipe. Not only will they use it, they'll love it.
1 pound melt and pour soap (i.e. goat's milk soap)
2 lemons, zested
2 tablespoons poppyseeds
20 drops Lemon oil
Rubbing alcohol in spray bottle (optional)
- Cut 1 pound soap base into small squares. One pound of soap can make between 4–8 bars of soap depending on the size of your mold.
- Place cut-up soap into a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Set aside.
Tips: If you don't want to use a microwave, you can also use a double boiler. Stir with a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
- Zest two lemons and add zest and poppyseeds to melted soap.
- Add Lemon oil and stir until combined.
- Pour soap into silicone mold. Spray soap with rubbing alcohol for a smooth top that is free of bubbles.
- Let soap harden for 2–3 hours. Once hard, it is ready to be used.
Note: Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, so we do not recommend exposing the skin to direct sunlight after topical application of these essential oils. However, essential oils in the soap bars are found in small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm.