- Diffuse or apply topically on the feet, back, and chest prior to bedtime.
- Add two to three drops to your bathwater.
- Add four to five drops to your hardwood floor cleaner.
- Rub two drops into your palms and inhale deeply.
- Add to your skincare routine.
doTERRA Hinoki is a gentle oil when used on the skin, making it a good alternative for individuals who are sensitive to other evergreen trees. Its main chemical constituents are alpha-Pinene and delta-cadinene. The relaxing and soothing aromas make Hinoki ideal for skincare or massages.
In Japan, the oil is frequently used in baths to create a relaxing environment, and the tree itself has historical significance. Hinoki wood is incredibly durable, which makes it valued for construction. Well-built hinoki structures can last a thousand years or more. One example is the pagoda at Horyuji Temple in Nara, Japan. It was built around 600 AD and is still intact today.
Hinoki wood is so valued in Japan that, by law, the essential oil can only be extracted from trees that have fallen. Dwarf hinoki trees are often used by bonsai artists. doTERRA utilizes byproducts from the timber industry and culled trees, ensuring that no part of these prized trees goes to waste.
View the Hinoki Product Information Page