- Dilute essential oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil before applying topically to lessen skin sensitivity and increase essential oil distribution.
- Mix with calming oils and massage into neck and shoulders for deeper relaxation.
- Can be used as a natural make-up remover. Apply a few drops to a cotton ball and wipe over your makeup.
- Apply to your feet mixed with lavender to soften the skin on your feet.
- Use as an after shower moisturizer.
- Give your car dashboard an instant shine by applying Fractionated Coconut Oil to a rag and wiping gently.
- Rub it on crayon marks, let soak for 10 minutes, then clean with cloth.
doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil is a natural carrier oil that is perfect for diluting essential oils for topical application. In addition to helping prevent any skin sensitivity from applying essential oils neat (undiluted) onto the skin, Fractionated Coconut Oil also helps you apply oils smoothly and evenly, which can increases their effectiveness. Silky and smooth, Fractionated Coconut Oil is completely soluble with all essential oils. It won’t clog pores and is odorless, colorless, and fast-absorbing, making it perfect for creating your own essential oil blends.
Derived from the white meat of the coconut tree, coconut oil is a natural moisturizer with many skin benefits. However, ordinary coconut oil is solid or semi-solid at room temperature, making it difficult to use as a carrier oil for essential oils. (You’d have to melt it to mix oils with it). Fractionated Coconut Oil is different. When coconut oil is fractionated, it removes all the long chain triglycerides (which make regular coconut oil solid at room temperature), making it a free-flowing liquid. This allows it to mix easily with essential oils, and makes it much easier to absorb into the skin.
Fractionating coconut oil also increases the proportion of Capric acid and Caprylic acid, which have skin health supporting effects. It is an excellent moisturizer, and can be used on hands, feet, and elbows to soften the skin. Fractionated Coconut Oil is highly shelf stable; regular coconut oil only lasts two years at room temperature but when it is fractionated it lasts indefinitely. This gives it a big advantage over other types of carrier oils (such as almond, sunflower, avocado, or apricot kernel oil), most of which last less than a year.
To use Fractionated Coconut Oil as a carrier oil, pour a small amount into a dish or into your hand. Add essential oils of choice, mix, and distribute on the skin. With most oils, use five parts Fractionated Coconut Oil to one part essential oil, but you can adjust as needed, diluting more heavily for children.