- During your menstrual cycle, rub five drops on your abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water with Epsom salts for a stress-relieving bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night to create an environment for restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
What is Clary Sage?
Clary Sage is a flowering herb in the mint family that is native to Southern Europe. Clary Sage has been used for its therapeutic effects since the Middle Ages. The flowers and leaves are steam distilled for the fragrant essential oil, which is considered one of the most relaxing of all oils. When applied topically, Clary Sage calms and soothes the skin.
What Is Clary Sage Essential Oil Used For?
Clary Sage essential oil is particularly helpful during a woman’s menstrual cycle and is a key ingredient in doTERRA’s proprietary women’s monthly blend, ClaryCalm®. Due to its linalool and linalyl acetate content, Clary Sage can help improve mood and promote calming feelings. For a soothing effect during menstruation, gently massage 3–5 drops of Clary Sage into the abdomen, or add to bath water for a stress-relieving soak.
How Do You Use Clary Sage Essential Oil Internally?
Due to its chemical constituents, Clary Sage helps soothe the nervous system when taken internally.* Take 1–2 drops in a veggie capsule to access this benefit.*
What Does Clary Sage Smell Like?
Clary Sage has a pleasant, herbal, and slightly floral aroma that is popularly used in colognes and perfumes. It helps soothe and balance heightened emotions. Clary Sage is a beautiful oil to diffuse for a calming aroma when you feel worry or anxiousness. It can also be used to promote relaxation in preparation for a restful night’s sleep. Clary Sage blends well with Lavender, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, citrus oils, and Sandalwood.