Wild Orange Oil Product Description
With countless uses for the home, body, and mind, it is no wonder that Wild Orange oil
is one of doTERRA’s top selling essential oils. The refreshing, sweet scent of Wild Orange makes it popular for aromatic and topical use, while the citrus flavor of the oil can add extra zing to any beverage, appetizer, or entrée. A truly versatile oil, doTERRA Wild Orange is vital for any essential oil collection.
Where to Buy Wild Orange Oil
doTERRA Wild Orange oil is definitely an oil you’ll want to have on hand at home and on-the-go. Check out our Wild Orange oil page to learn how to order your own. Once you start using Wild Orange, you’ll soon discover the limitless applications that have made this oil one of doTERRA’s most popular. With responsible sourcing, and intricate testing through CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® methods, doTERRA works hard to ensure that each bottle of essential oil, including Wild Orange, is safe and of the highest quality. So, if you are looking for pure, potent Wild Orange oil, look no further.
Wild Orange Oil Uses and Benefits
- Possibly one of the most distinct characteristics of Wild Orange oil is its powerful scent. The strong, sweet, citrus aroma of Wild Orange makes it useful for purifying the air, promoting and energizing an uplifting environment, or simply creating a pleasant smell in the home. To harness the purifying power and aroma of Wild Orange oil, place a few drops on your air filter at home. This will improve your home’s scent while simultaneously purifying the air.
- The purifying properties of Wild Orange oil are not only useful for cleansing the air, but you can also use the oil to cleanse surfaces around the home. Similar to Lemon oil, Wild Orange oil can be used to wipe down frequently used surfaces around the home when you want to cleanse and purify them. Not only is Wild Orange helpful for purifying your kitchen table, countertop, or anything your family might use frequently throughout the day, but it can also be useful when cleaning the bathroom. Put three drops of Wild Orange in your bathroom sink or bathtub drains to help dispel any unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
- Want to add the delicious taste of Wild Orange to your breakfast? We have the perfect recipes that will add a little zest to any morning when you might be feeling sluggish. If you are a fan of French toast, you will love this recipe for Wild Orange French Toast & Buttermilk Syrup. After experiencing the exciting twist on this classic recipe, you’ll never want to go back to eating plain French toast for breakfast. If you don’t have enough time to make French toast in the morning, you can make these Blueberry Wild Orange Muffins ahead of time and enjoy them all week! With other delicious flavors like cinnamon, blueberry, and coconut, these sweet little morsels will provide a peppy start to your day.
- While many people diffuse Wild Orange oil to purify the air, this oil can also help uplift mood and increase feelings of energy. At the beginning of a stress-filled day, consider diffusing Wild Orange oil to provide a revitalizing aroma that will help get you through any task. If you are feeling a lack of energy in the late afternoon or early evening, you can diffuse Wild Orange to help lift your mood and increase awareness.
- Another unique attribute of Wild Orange oil is its ability to polish wood furniture—a characteristic commonly found among citrus essential oils. You can easily make your own furniture polish at home by combining olive oil, vinegar, and Wild Orange oil into a spray bottle. This concoction will give life to old tables, chairs, or wood floors by getting rid of dust that often makes furniture look dull. Learn how to make this polish by following the instructions in our DIY Furniture Polish blog post.
- People love the invigorating, uplifting scent of Wild Orange essential oil. While the scent of Wild Orange can be enjoyed as you diffuse the oil, you can also apply Wild Orange oil topically to take advantage of its energizing properties. For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops of Wild Orange oil in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense essential oils. Then, rub the combination on the back of your neck to maintain uplifting feelings. If you want to feel energized first thing in the morning, add a few drops of Wild Orange oil to your body wash for an invigorating shower.
- Wild Orange oil has the ability to support the immune system when needed most.* During cold weather months, consider adding one or two drops of Wild Orange oil to a capsule to help support a healthy immune system.* If you often drink tea, add a few drops of Wild Orange to your favorite tea when you want to support your immune system.* You can also simply add a drop of Wild Orange to a glass of water every day to add flavor and promote overall health.*
- Looking for ways to use Wild Orange oil topically? The fresh, sweet scent of Wild Orange oil makes it a pleasant addition to any homemade beauty products. Try making this DIY Whipped Body Butter the next time you want to add a little extra moisture to your skin. With ingredients like shae butter, coconut oil, Grapefruit essential oil, and Wild Orange oil, your skin will be smooth for days after you apply this citrus body butter. After you moisturize your skin, don’t forget to give your lips some TLC with this Orange Creamsicle Lip Balm that uses Wild Orange oil to give you a natural lip balm with a delicious flavor.
- While Wild Orange oil is a scrumptious addition to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it is also commonly used in beverages and smoothies. When making a smoothie, the possible combinations of fruit and essential oils are endless! Want a delicious smoothie that uses the sweet flavor of Wild Orange? Take a look at this Wild Tropical Smoothie that combines the lovely flavors of mangos, strawberries, and pineapples with the distinct taste of Wild Orange oil. If you want a healthy smoothie to help you start your day on the right foot, check out our Tropical Colada Smoothie with vanilla TrimShake and Wild Orange oil. It will have your taste buds jumping for joy!
Looking for more Wild Orange essential oil recipes? We’ve got you covered! Check out these popular Wild Orange recipes from the blog:
Not only is Wild Orange essential oil useful in the kitchen, but there are plenty of Wild Orange DIY’s we know you’ll want to try. Here are a few of our favorites:
Originating from Southeast Asia, oranges have been grown for centuries. In many cultures, orange trees are known as a symbol of love and marriage.
Citrus sinensis is an evergreen tree, also commonly referred to as the Sweet Orange tree. As the name suggests, the tree bears sweet fruit that has many uses—juices, marmalades or jellies, and flavoring for sweets and baked goods. Though there are vast uses for the fruit itself, it is from the rind of the fruit that doTERRA Wild Orange oil is extracted through the process of cold pressing. While the tree is thought to be native to Southeast Asia, doTERRA sources Wild Orange oil from the Dominican Republic.
Chemistry of Wild Orange Essential Oil
Main Chemical Components: Limonene
The primary chemical constituent of Wild Orange oil, Limonene, is a monoterpene that is known for its cleansing properties when used as a skin or surface cleanser, as well as its stimulating and enhancing effects on mood when used aromatically. This chemical profile is why Wild Orange oil is so useful in everyday life. The cleansing properties of the oil make Wild Orange useful for homemade cleaning agents. The stimulating effects of Limonene also make Wild Orange oil popular for diffusing and topical application when users want to promote energizing or uplifting feelings.
Oils that blend well with Wild Orange Essential Oil
Not only does Wild Orange essential oil have unlimited uses for recipes, DIYs, and healthy living, but it also blends well with a wide variety of oils for diffusion. For a refreshing aroma, blend Wild Orange oil with Peppermint, Spearmint, Douglas Fir, or doTERRA Breathe®. To instantly recreate the smells of autumn, consider blending Wild Orange oil with warm, spicy essential oils like Cinnamon, Clove, Frankincense, or Cedarwood. When you want to invite the scents of spring into your home, blend Wild Orange with citrus and floral oils like Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, and Citrus Bliss®.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Buy Wild Orange Now