Roman Chamomile Oil Product Description
In ancient Rome, Roman Chamomile was used to help soldiers take courage during times of war. Since then, Roman Chamomile essential oil has become popular for its sweet, soothing nature. With a unique, floral scent and chemical components known for their soothing abilities, doTERRA Roman Chamomile essential oil is a must-have for any essential oil collection.
Roman Chamomile Uses and Benefits
- With a chemical profile full of esters and other calming constituents, Roman Chamomile oil can be helpful in soothing the systems of the body when used internally.* Keep a bottle of Roman Chamomile oil on hand and take a drop or two with water when your mind or body need help calming down.* Day or night, this oil can help create feelings of comfort when you need them most.
- The soothing properties of Roman Chamomile essential oil are also helpful for when you want to soothe your skin or tame your hair. People often use Roman Chamomile for skin by adding one to two drops of the oil in a daily moisturizer. Incorporating Roman Chamomile essential oil into your daily skincare regimen will help you utilize the soothing benefits of Roman Chamomile, while promoting youthful-looking skin. If you want to use Roman Chamomile oil for hair, you might consider adding a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner. Not only will this promote healthy-looking hair, but it will also leave your locks with a fresh and floral scent.
- Aside from its soothing qualities, Roman Chamomile oil may also help support healthy immune system function when used internally.* To reap the immune-supporting benefits of Roman Chamomile essential oil, you can easily add it to your water or a hot beverage in order to take the essential oil internally.*
- A great time to take advantage of the soothing, calming benefits of Roman Chamomile essential oil is at bedtime. If you feel frazzled from a long, stressful day, apply Roman Chamomile oil to the bottoms of your feet during your bedtime routine. The sweet, herbaceous aroma of the oil will help set the stage before you go to sleep. You can also diffuse the oil in your bedroom using the essential oil diffuser of choice to help create a soothing atmosphere at the end of a long day.
- Possibly one of the most popular uses for the Roman Chamomile plant and Roman Chamomile essential oil is in herbal teas or hot drinks to add flavor, and provide soothing benefit.* If you enjoy a warm cup of tea first thing in the morning, during a break at work, or while you read your favorite novel before bed, consider adding one to two drops of Roman Chamomile essential oil to an herbal tea or hot beverage. Adding Roman Chamomile oil to your favorite tea will help soothe the body and mind*—no matter the time of day.
- Diffusing Roman Chamomile essential oil not only soothes the mind, but it can help soothe anger and irritability on those days when you are feeling agitated or find yourself in the middle of a contentious situation. When you feel angry or irritable, diffuse Roman Chamomile essential oil in your diffuser of choice, and allow the calming, floral tones to wash over you. If you don’t have time to diffuse the oil while you wait to calm down, you can also place one to two drops of the oil in your hands, rub them together, and inhale slowly for 30 seconds. This will allow you to harness the calming power of Roman Chamomile essential oil while you deal with frustrating or irritating situations.
- While diffusing Roman Chamomile essential oil can create a peaceful atmosphere, you can also apply the oil topically for a relaxing sensation. When you want to spend a peaceful evening at home, apply Roman Chamomile essential oil to your wrists and neck. For feelings of well-being, apply the oil to your chest, over the heart. When applied topically, Roman Chamomile essential oil will help soothe the soul, while leaving a refreshing scent behind.
Fun Fact: The word “chamomile” comes from the Greek word chamaimelon, which means “earth-apple” because the plant’s scent resembles an apple’s.
Growing close to the ground, Roman Chamomile, also known as Anthemis nobilis, has received the nickname the “plant’s physician” because of its ability to have positive effects on surrounding plants that are growing nearby. With gray-green leaves, daisy-like flowers, and a sweet aroma that resembles an apple, Roman Chamomile produces a unique essential oil. The essential oil is extracted from the daisy-like flowers, and the flower heads are often dried to make chamomile tea.
Chemistry of Roman Chamomile Oil
Main Chemical Components: 4-methylamyl angelate, isobutyl angelate, isoamyl tiglate
The chemical makeup of Roman Chamomile essential oil contributes to the oil’s calming and soothing properties for the skin when used topically, as well as its ability to calm the mind when used aromatically and the body when used internally.* Roman Chamomile includes esters
known for their calming properties. Essential oils high in esters are calming, relaxing, and have balancing effects on mood when diffused. The esters in Roman Chamomile, are known for their ability to reduce the appearance of blemishes when applied topically. Due to the unique chemical makeup of esters, ingesting Roman Chamomile is also very useful for soothing the systems of the body.*
Oils that blend well with Roman Chamomile oil
Roman Chamomile blends well with other floral essential oils like Lavender
, Ylang Ylang
, and Clary Sage
for diffusion. You can also blend Roman Chamomile essential oil with citrus oils like Bergamot
. It also blends well with the sweet, woody aroma of doTERRA Balance®
, which includes Blue Chamomile.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.