It’s no secret that many essential oils share similar characteristics, especially when it comes to emotional benefits. However, when it comes to two favorites like Holiday Joy and Arborvitae, you might be wondering how these two oils could be anything alike. The answers may surprise you. Here are just some of their interesting similarities:
- Holiday Joy and Arborvitae are both exclusive to doTERRA.
- Both are meant to be used aromatically or topically, but not internally.
- Either one has the capability to purify the air where diffused. You can make your home smell like a forest or a Christmas-tree lot anytime by choosing either oil instead of other chemical-laden options.
- The Wild Orange and Douglas Fir essential oils included in Holiday Joy, and Arborvitae are all considered Co-Impact Sourcing® oils. Wild Orange is mostly sourced from Brazil from a collective of over 20,000 small farmers. Douglas Fir is from New Zealand, and Arborvitae is sourced from British Columbia.
As you can see, most of the similarities revolve around sourcing, but also the topical and aromatic use of either oil. Similarities aside, using either Holiday Joy or Arborvitae also reveals some unique benefits.
Some of our favorite ways to use Holiday Joy include:
- Diffusing it during holiday gatherings with friends and family to uplift the mood and make your home truly smell of holiday cheer.
- When the holidays are past, Holiday Joy can still be an uplifting scent when you need some cheer through the winter.
- Add it to diffuser jewelry or to a scarf to keep yourself energized and invigorate the senses when you catch the scent throughout the day.
Arborvitae, on the other hand, is useful for the following:
- Diffuse when you want to rid your home of creepy crawlies, because Arborvitae naturally repels bugs. (Diffusing it also means you get the added benefits of purifying the air that we mentioned previously.)
- As it is a wood oil, Arborvitae is an excellent option to add to a DIY cologne. It blends well with other wood or resinous oils, including Cedarwood and Frankincense.
How do you use Holiday Joy and Arborvitae? Leave us a comment below.