Detoxification and Cleansing
- Download: Cleanse & Restore Infographic
While there are many uncontrollable factors in your overall health, through good lifestyle habits and proactive health care you can have significant influence over your physical well-being. Proper nutrition, exercise, rest, and stress management are fairly self-explanatory, but much less concern is generally shown for practices that assist in minimizing toxic load. That does not make them any less important. Your health truly manifests itself from the inside out; proper functioning of your vital organs and minimizing toxic load can influence your health as much as any other controllable factor. With its Cleanse & Restore Kit, doTERRA has created a system to help make toxic load reduction easy for everyone.
To understand the importance of minimizing toxic load, we must first define some foundational terms and discuss how our natural detoxification systems work. A “toxin” is any substance that causes excess stress to the body. “Toxic load” refers to the volume of these substances that have been accumulated in the body at any given time and the overall burden it places on the body systems and vital organs. Toxins come from countless sources, many of which we are not even aware of. Environmental threats, chemicals, and radiation are three of the most common categories. Technically, every substance that has a consistent chemical composition is a “chemical,” but in commonly used terms, a chemical is any substance (natural or synthetic) that can stress the body. Examples of chemicals we frequently come in contact with are ingredients in processed foods such as artificial sweeteners and flavor enhancers, automobile exhaust, cigarette smoke, solvents, plastics, pesticides, xenoestrogens, and harsh cleaning products. Radiation refers to high-energy particles that can negatively affect cellular structures and DNA. The most common source of radiation we are exposed to is sunlight. Our bodies are exposed to countless possible toxins every day, many of the interactions being unavoidable, but we can take steps to minimize their effect on our health.
Your body has a number of different passageways through which it is directly exposed to toxins and several different mechanisms that it uses to deal with this exposure. The three most vulnerable pathways are the lungs, the digestive tract, and the skin. We are directly exposed to toxins through the food we eat, the air we breathe, and anything that contacts our skin. Our bodies have their own natural defense mechanisms to protect these pathways. For instance, to protect the most susceptible tissue, our nose, mouth, and throats are lined with a thick mucous membrane to trap foreign particles. Similarly, present inside our lungs are special immune cells that destroy any other foreign agents that may get past the mucous membrane. While we have little control over the quality of the air we breathe outside or chemicals we may be unknowingly exposed to, there are measures we can take to minimize exposure and support the natural mechanisms that deal with the toxins.
Internally, a healthy body hosts bacteria that assist our inherent defense mechanisms in curtailing toxic load. The digestive tract is populated with trillions of microorganisms that collectively form a natural ecosystem. These microorganisms, commonly referred to as gut microbiota, microflora, or ‘friendly-flora”, play a significant role in overall health. Without a thriving probiotic environment that fosters the growth of these microbiota, less-friendly microbes have free reign to stress the gastrointestinal tract. These microflora serve a number of different purposes. The friendly-flora help maintain digestive efficiency, produce enzymes that break down proteins into usable amino acids, help the body produce and metabolize a number of different vitamins, and are key in the transportation of vitamins and minerals through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream. Without them, several metabolic processes and neuromuscular functions are hindered, nutrient deficiencies arise, and our immune system’s ability to respond to threats weakens.
doTERRA's Detoxification Program
doTERRA’s answer to minimizing toxic load comes in the form of a 30-day renewing cleanse, your annual “spring cleaning.” This detoxification program is simple and easy to follow. Consisting of a series of innovative products that work with your inherent cleansing processes, when combined with a healthy diet, the renewing cleanse works to maximize the health and efficiency of your vital cleansing organs so that you can minimize toxic load naturally and maintain the results long-term.* The foundation of your 30-day renewing cleanse is the eight component Cleanse & Restore Kit.
- GX Assist® is doTERRA’s answer to immediate detoxification needs.* A combination of CPTG® essential oils and caprylic acid, GX Assist supports natural detoxification by creating an unfriendly environment for toxins in the digestive tract.* The proprietary essential oil blend helps purify and cleanse the digestive system while the caprylic acid supports overall digestive health and microbial balance.* Your 30-day renewal should begin with taking GX Assist for ten days, one softgel per meal, up to three per day. Begin with a single softgel each day to assess your tolerance.
- Rounding out the first phase of your 30-day renewal program is PB Assist®+ Probiotic Defense Formula, a combination of pre-biotic fiber and six strains of probiotic microorganisms that encourage healthy microflora growth.* When taken following 10 days of GX Assist, PB Assist+ promotes a positive balance of microflora, resulting in optimal digestive and immune system, and gastrointestinal tract function.* One vegetable capsule, three times per day with a meal, is all you need to encourage the replenishment of friendly microflora population.*
Throughout the entire 30-day renewal program, two other supplements should be taken for additional cleansing support.*
- First, the Zendocrine® Detoxification Complex is a proprietary blend that helps support the healthy functioning of the liver, along with the kidneys, colon, lungs, and skin.* It comes in either a vegetarian capsule or softgel, depending on your delivery preference. For those concerned about the long-term health of their liver, kidneys, colon, lungs, and skin, Zendocrine may be taken daily throughout the year, but for those only looking for a “spring cleaning,” it is an integral part of their 30-day renewal.* Two capsules or softgels daily, one each with morning and evening meals, along with a diet based on whole nutrient-dense food will support normal self-detoxification functions of the liver and other cleansing organs.*
- DigestZen Terrazyme® Digestive Enzyme Complex works synergistically with Zendocrine as a daily supplement to support the body’s natural detoxification processes, but also as a key factor in a 30-day cleanse.* One of the biggest issues with toxification is the nutritional deficiencies that arise from the heavily processed and preservative-packed modern diet. A proprietary combination of active whole-food enzymes and supporting co-factors, DigestZen Terrazyme provides the deficient nutritional components vital for healthy digestion, metabolism, and cellular energy development.* Take one to three capsules with meals throughout the day, usage amount dependent on the nutritional-density of the meals (take only one capsule if the meal includes nutrient-dense whole foods), to support natural detoxification.*
Lastly, doTERRA offers a line of nutritional supplements that, along with proper diet, can promote maintenance of your body’s natural toxicity defenses.* The doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack® consists of three nutritional supplements that should be a part of your daily nutrition plan, but are especially important as part of a detoxifying cleanse.*
Microplex VMz® Food Nutrient Complex provides a balanced formula of bioavailable vitamins and minerals to address nutrient deficiencies and support healthy metabolism and cellular energy.* xEO Mega® is a proprietary blend of omega fatty acids and CPTG essential oils to support many crucial bodily processes, including immune function.* Alpha CRS®+ Cellular Vitality Complex is an innovative combination of botanical extracts that support healthy cell function and cellular energy.* Together these supplements provide the nutrients vital to maintain your health and increase the effectiveness of your cleanse.*
These supplements can be combined with other doTERRA products throughout the program, Depending on your individual goals, the products in the Cleanse & Restore Kit can be taken along with other doTERRA essential oils and nutritional supplements. The kit includes 15 mL of Lemon essential oil, which can be added to your favorite beverage to assist the internal detoxification process.*
For those interested in weight management, the Slim & Sassy® line is a great complement to your spring cleaning, especially the metabolic essential oil blend and softgels.* Along with helping to manage your appetite and supporting healthy metabolism, the proprietary combination of CPTG essential oils also helps support the health of your vital organs.*
doTERRA’s response to minimizing toxic load is unlike any conventional cleanse. No extreme dietary modifications that may be detrimental to your overall health, no gulping down heaping spoonfuls of indigestible fiber, and no short-term fixes. With the Cleanse & Restore Kit, your 30-day spring cleaning works to improve the efficiency of your body’s own toxic cleansing mechanisms for sustainable health.* Healthy from the inside out.