Sometimes in this fast-paced, hectic world, you feel uprooted and unsure of yourself, with a mile long to-do-list and uncertain priorities. Overexertion, stress, physical discomfort, and agitation are increasingly common. Finding balance through aromatherapy and simple yoga poses can be an excellent first step to manage these side effects of daily life. doTERRA Anchor Steadying Blend is designed to calm the mind and soothe the body, helping you stay connected to yourself, your environment, your personal goals, and your daily activities.
The ingredients in doTERRA Anchor were chosen carefully to create a grounding blend. Lavender, Cedarwood, and Frankincense are the primary oils in this blend, but Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Sandalwood, and Fractionated Coconut Oil are also included in smaller amounts. GC/MS analysis shows that the Anchor blend is mainly composed of alpha- and beta-cedrene, cedrol, cinnamaldehyde, linalool, linalyl acetate, santalol, and thujopsene.
- Cedarwood oil contributes the constituents alpha- and beta-cedrene, cedrol, and thujopsene. Historically, Cedarwood essential oil has been used for relaxing effects.1 Recent clinical and experimental research suggests that cedrol has a calming aroma and can help to create a relaxing environment when diffused.1,2
- Frankincense is a powerful oil known to have many positive effects on the body. Its soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin. When inhaled or diffused, it promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
- Lavender oil contributes the constituents linalool and linalyl acetate. These constituents are known to promote relaxation.3 In fact, two studies have actually shown that linalyl acetate and linalool when taken internally may work synergistically help to soothe and calm the nervous system,* although Align is for topical use only.4,5
- Cinnamon Bark oil contributes the constituent cinnamaldehyde to the Anchor blend. Cinnamaldehyde is a monoterpene aldehyde that is well documented for a variety of benefits.6
- Sandalwood oil is rich in santalol, a sesquiterpene alcohol compound known to help with relaxation.
- Patchouli and Black Pepper oil, although present in smaller concentrations, add to the blend’s soothing and grounding effects.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil contains short chain fatty acids that moisturize the skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It helps balance the blend and prevent sensitive skin reactions after topical use.
How to Use
doTERRA Anchor relaxes the mind and soothes skin. One way you can use doTERRA Anchor is by applying the blend to the ankles, base of the spine, and bottoms of feet before a yoga session. You might also try diffusing the blend to enjoy its aromatic benefits whenever you are feeling scattered or uprooted. The perfect yoga poses to pair with doTERRA Anchor’s aroma are Seated Meditation, Seated Twist, and Bhu Mudra. While this blend is great to use during yoga practice, you can experience the same benefits using it anytime during the day.