Native to Hiroshima, Japan, Satoko Kojo, also known as "Coco," rediscovered her passion for cooking when she was introduced to doTERRA essential oils. Self-taught and driven by her passion, Coco opened an organic raw vegan restaurant in Hiroshima. While operating her restaurant, she held cooking classes and promoted health related workshops for green smoothies and ayurveda cooking. She also worked in the kitchen of a five-star vegan restaurant in Taipei, and was featured in a magazine based in Hiroshima. While there, she hosted her own radio show and two television shows about health, wellness, and nutrition. Today, Coco is living her dream in Taipei, where she continues to hold cooking classes and workshops, and provides recipes for various cafes and shops.
Rich and fudgy, this cake made with avocados is so tasty you won’t believe it’s healthy.
3–4 pitted dates
¼ cup shredded coconut
¼–⅓ cup almonds
½–1 teaspoon water
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon melted extra virgin coconut oil
1 drop Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange , or Grapefruit oil
1 large avocado
4 tablespoons agave syrup or
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons water
1–1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
1–2 drops doTERRA Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange, or Grapefruit oil
5–6 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
- Grind first five ingredients in food processor until it turns into a dough.
- Add extra virgin coconut oil and essential oil, then grind into a mixture until it holds together when pressed in your hand. Press into the bottom of a mini springform pan.
- Put mixture in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Blend first five ingredients in a blender until completely smooth and creamy. Make sure to give it enough air so it becomes very creamy.
- Add coconut oil and essential oils and blend again.
- Take crust out of the fridge and pour in the filling.
- Return to the fridge and chill until firm (about eight hours).
Tip: Use a springform pan that has a bottom you can separate from the mold. Prepare two sets and use one bottom to press the crust evenly.