With egg-free noodles this dish makes a great vegan meal! The flavor comes in large part from Crimini mushrooms and toasted pine nuts, subtly influenced by just a bit of Basil and Black Pepper oil.
4 servings fettuccine noodles
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ onion, chopped
Sea salt, to taste
300-350 grams brown mushrooms (Italian or Crimini)
1 drop Basil oil
1 drop Black Pepper oil
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon pine nuts
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Slice mushrooms and chop onion.
- Cook pasta according to cooking instructions in salted water.
- As pasta is cooking, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Roast onion and mushrooms in the heated oil for about 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden and the onion is clear and soft. Add garlic about 2 minutes before lowering heat, watching carefully so as not to burn. Remove from heat.
- In another pan, toast pine nuts until golden.
- Once pasta is al dente, drain. Mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 drop Basil and 1 drop Black Pepper oil. Pour oil mixture over noodles, and toss until evenly coated.
- Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and pine nuts to the noodles and mix until combined. Salt to taste. Serve hot, topped with fresh basil.
Tips: Add red pepper flakes for more color and heat.