These easy to make all natural energy bites are the perfect snack before you hit the gym, go on a hike, or head to the beach. Have them on hand and for any activity that requires a lot of energy. It all comes down to the ingredients.
We'll start with the cashews—when you're feeling drowsy, nuts are tiny powerhouses for the protein and magnesium they contain. For this reason, cashews are frequently used in recipes for energy bites. In addition, strawberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, and they provide good fiber, folic acid, manganese, and potassium. The bright red color of strawberries comes from the significant amounts of phytonutrients and flavanoids they possess. Add in a drop or two of Cinnamon Bark oil, and you now have an energy bite that can help support a healthy metabolism.* You’ll love this sweet, healthy treat!
1 cup raw cashews
½ cup strawberries, chopped
¼ cup coconut butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla
1–2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of sea salt
1 package chia seeds or coconut flakes (optional)
- Wash and chop strawberries. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse raw cashews until they form a crumbled texture.
- Add in chopped strawberries and coconut butter. Pulse mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until they form into a batter. Place batter in fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and roll batter into medium balls. Roll balls in chia seeds or coconut flakes, coating the outside.
- Store energy bites in the fridge to keep fresh. Consume within two weeks.