Roasted Marinara Sauce with Oregano and Basil Oil
Making your own marinara sauce is extremely easy to do. This recipe staple is packed with flavor and can be used in many of your favorite dishes. Your family will love it!
Tomatoes: Because tomatoes contain a strong amount of antioxidants, beta-carotene, and other nutrients, tomatoes are known to decrease risks of cancers such as prostate cancer, colon cancer, and lung cancer.
Onions: This vegetable contains Chromium which is a substance that can help in regulating blood sugar levels.
Garlic: The many sulfur compounds in garlic are known to activate liver enzymes which help to detoxify the body. Garlic also contains diallyl sulfide and thiacremonone which are found to have anti-arthritic properties.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic on baking sheet.
- Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil to top of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for 1-2 hours or until tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer to food processor or blender.
- Pulse until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add Basil and Oregano essential oil and stir.
Roasted Marinara Sauce
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1-2 hours
2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil essential oil
1 toothpick Oregano essential oil