Making your own marinara sauce is easy to do and much tastier than store-bought brands. This recipe staple is packed with flavor and can be used in many of your favorite dishes.
2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil oil
1 toothpick Oregano oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic on baking sheet.
- Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil to top of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for one to two hours or until tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer to food processor or blender.
- Pulse until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add Basil and Oregano oil and stir.
Tip: Enjoy with spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.