Homemade marinara sauce instantly makes any dish more flavorful and fancy. With simple ingredients and the powerful, herbal flavors of Basil and Oregano oil, this Roasted Marinara Sauce is the perfect companion to your favorite pastas, casseroles, and Italian dishes.
2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil oil
1 toothpick Oregano oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic on baking sheet.
- Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil to top of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for one to two hours or until tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer to food processor or blender.
- Pulse until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add Basil and Oregano oil and stir.
Tip: Enjoy with spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.