Whether you want to usher in the holidays with a delicious treat or want to make some comfort food for a friend or family member, you’ll definitely be adding these Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Bark essential oil to your list of favorite desserts. Enjoy the warm, buttery comfort of these soft rolls delicately drizzled in frosting with a boost of cinnamon flavor thanks to doTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil.
2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
1 tablespoon instant yeast
½ cup water
¼ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted (or coconut oil)
⅔ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 drop of Cinnamon Bark oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoon coconut milk (to desired thickness)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the sugar, butter, water and milk. Heat in the microwave until the mixture is hot and the butter is almost melted. Let the mixture cool. Gradually add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and mix until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll it out into a rectangle. Prepare the filling by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl except for the butter. Spread the butter over the top of the rolled dough, then cover with the filling. Cut out 24 strips of dough. Roll each up into a tight roll.
- Place the rolls into a greased 9x13 baking dish and place a piece of aluminum foil over top. Turn off your oven and place the covered rolls inside to rise for 45 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and turn ON your oven to 375 degrees. Once heated, remove the foil and bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes or until the centers are lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before frosting. While rolls are cooling, prepare the frosting by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beating by hand until smooth. Spread over the tops of the rolls.