This tasty sandwich showcases Basil's fresh and herbaceous flavor, which pairs well with the nutty and unique Manchego cheese. Enjoy these sandwiches cold or panini style, and feel free to experiment with other herb oils and artisan cheeses for a sandwich that is both flavorful and bold.
4 whole roasted peppers
1 large loaf ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
1 12-ounce wedge Manchego cheese at room temperature
2 cups baby arugula
3–5 drops Basil oil
2 tablespoons truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add truffle oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and Basil essential oil to a small, flat-bottomed container.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add peppers to the mixture and swill around in marinade until peppers are thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors some time to develop.
- To assemble the sandwiches, first add a layer of arugula, then a layer of Manchego, then the roasted peppers.
- Top with more arugula and drizzle with the marinade.
- Top with the top half of the ciabatta and cut into individual servings.
Tips: Goat cheese is a great substitute for Manchego.