This pasta is quick and easy—perfect for a weekday night. This recipe also contains Lemon oil, which naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.* Your kids will love the taste, and you can enjoy knowing that you're providing a healthy meal for the whole family.
3 quarts water
2 tablespoons salt
1½–2 pounds fresh broccoli
1 pound brown rice pasta
3–4 cups spinach
4 tablespoons butter
1–2 drops Lemon oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup fresh Parmesan, plus more to garnish
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, to garnish
Fresh lemon wedges, to garnish
- In a large skillet or pot, bring salt and water to a boil.
- While water is heating, trim broccoli stems and florets into bite sized pieces.
- Once water is boiling, add noodles and boil on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cover, and boil for an additional 3 minutes.
- Take off heat and drain pasta and broccoli. Return pasta and broccoli to the pan and stir in spinach.
- Distribute Lemon oil to your pasta evenly (with a toothpick or by continuous stirring).
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper to the butter and sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and continue stirring for 1–2 minutes, then add the mixture to your pasta.
- Stir 1 cup fresh Parmesan into your pasta and add a drizzle of olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cheese and fresh lemon wedges. Serve warm.
Tips: If you are having trouble with the pasta sticking together while cooking, add a splash of olive oil to the water.