Give a sweet treat to the amazing people in your life. These homemade suckers can be made with any of your favorite internal use essential oils.
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup honey
2 tablespoons water
- Pour the sugar, honey, and water into a medium sauce pan.
- On medium heat, stir ingredients together with wooden spoon until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar dissolves, place candy thermometer in pan and allow ingredients to boil.
- While mixture is boiling, prepare candy molds with non-stick spray and sucker sticks.
- Let mixture boil until temperature reaches 295° F, or the hard crack stage.
- Immediately pour into heat-resistant measuring cup. Add essential oil and stir.
- Pour mixture into candy molds. Twist sucker sticks to make sure they are fully coated.
- Let suckers rest for at least 30 minutes before removing from mold.
Tip: If you decide to use another oil, consider reducing five drops oil to a toothpick or one to two drops when using an oil you would usually dilute for sensitivity, such as Cinnamon Bark.