Finding a moisturizer that is perfect for your skin can be tricky. Some moisturizers are too tacky, thin, streaky, or simply don't work for your skin type. Combat these problems by making your own customizable moisturizer in just a few steps. This DIY contains Lavender oil, which is a great oil to use with any skin type, and leaves skin nourished while soothing away minor skin irritations.*
⅓ cup aloe vera gel (do not use juice or aloe from a plant as the cream won't whip properly)
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons jojoba oil
½ tablespoon beeswax
10 drops Lavender oil
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the almond and jojoba oils with the beeswax.
- Once melted, transfer your mixture to a deep mixing bowl. Leave to cool for an hour or until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Slowly add the aloe vera gel and Lavender oil as you blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Continue adding aloe until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container and apply to skin liberally.