Commercial lip gloss can contain artificial colors and fragrances. Make your own natural lip gloss that is easy, fun, and can be customized with your favorite color and essential oils.
¼ teaspoon white beeswax
¾ teaspoon Shea butter (or virgin coconut oil)
2 ¼ teaspoon castor oil
¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
7 drops of your favorite essential oil
Pigment (such as organic beet root powder or mineral makeup)
Note: This is enough to fill two standard lip gloss tubes. You can find empty lip gloss tubes online and at local beauty stores.
- Place all ingredients, except for essential oil, into a glass jar.
- Place jar in a saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Once melted, remove and let cool for two minutes.
- Add essential oil.
- For color, add pigment and stir until combined. Note: Start with a little and add more until you get desired color.
- Using a dropper, transfer into the lip gloss containers. If it starts to get too thick, place glass jar back in warm water to melt.