With all the different food items in your refrigerator, it's only natural for some unpleasant smells to emerge occasionally. These easy-to-make fridge refreshers are a simple, natural way to deodorize your refrigerator. Just place one refresher in your fridge each month for a fresh and clean scent every time you open the refrigerator door.
2 ½ cups baking soda
½–1 cup water
- Combine baking soda, ½ cup water, and essential oils into bowl.
- Stir together. Note: If needed, add more water until thick paste forms. The mixture should resemble damp sand.
- Divide mixture equally into silicone mold.
- Allow it to rest for two to three days or until mixture hardens.
- Once hard, place in refrigerator to help eliminate unpleasant odors. Store additional fridge refreshers in an airtight container until ready to use. One disk will last up to a month in your fridge.
Tip: Place under the sink, in a shoe closet, or behind the toilet for additional freshness in other areas of the home.