Hair wax helps add texture and style to men and women's hair. This easy DIY hair wax made with essential oils is healthy for your hair and will be loved by all hair types. Check out what this doTERRA Employee had to say about this hair wax:
"This hair wax is fantastic. I love that I can use whatever essential oils I would like and that it works great on my ‘style-resistant hair’. The simplicity of the ingredient list also amazes me. I have been paying a lot of money for high-end products that contain some questionable ingredients because it has been the only thing that works for my hair. Those days are over. Now, I can make my own!"—Rachelle
4 ½ teaspoons beeswax
1 tablespoon shea butter
Tip: For harder hair wax, use 2 tablespoons beeswax and 1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil. For softer hair wax, use 4 ½ teaspoons shea butter and 2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in glass container.
- Place jar in saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Pour mixture in empty tin or glass jar with lid.
- Let hair wax rest one to two hours.
- To use, apply a small amount to fingers and style as desired. A little wax goes a long way.