Looking for a way to get the springtime glow during winter? These bronzing lotion sticks are the answer. These lotion sticks provide extreme moisture for dry winter skin and add a beautiful sun-kissed glow without the rays of the sun. Similar to our Moisturizing Lotion Bars
, these lotion sticks melt with the heat of your skin and are mess-free when stored in this convenient container.
⅓ cup beeswax
¼ cup shea butter
2 tablespoons cocoa butter
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E
20 drops of your favorite essential oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for bronzer (you could also use 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder)
Note: This recipe makes approximately four ounces of lotion.
- Add beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, grapeseed oil, and vitamin E to glass jar and place in saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (around 5–10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest three minutes.
- Add essential oil and stir.
- For a bronzing effect, add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon and stir until combined. Tip: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
- Pour into container. Let cool one to two hours before use.