Cedarwood Oil Product Description
The warm, woody scent of Cedarwood essential oil makes a prize in any essential oil collection. The tranquil, grounding aroma is incredibly pleasing to the senses and can be enjoyed through diffusion or application, making it a popular scent in essential oil pure-fumes and an ideal a personal scent companion for outdoor adventures. Cedarwood oil essential can also be used to enrich your skincare routine with its topical cleansing to improve the healthy appearance of skin.
Shop Cedarwood Oil
How Do I Use Cedarwood Oil?
- Bath: The calming wood aroma of Cedarwood essential oil can contribute to creating a relaxing environment at the end of a long day. We recommend adding one to two drops to a bath of warm water to enjoy the peaceful aroma while you soak away the cares of your day.
- Skincare: The cleansing properties of Cedarwood oil can help improve the appearance of your complexion when used in skincare. You can easily incorporate Cedarwood oil into your daily facial routine by adding one to two drops of Cedarwood oil to your facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties.
- Pure-fume/Cologne: Cedarwood oil has a warm, woody fragrance that sits beautifully on the skin. It also blends exceptionally well with other essential oils, such as florals, citruses, and pine essential oils, making it an ideal base aroma for your very own essential oil pure-fume or cologne blend. Simply add a drop to your skin and layer with other scents as desired.
- Evening Routine: The grounding and centering aroma of Cedarwood oil make it an ideal companion for meditation and end-of-day routines. After showering in the evening or as you prepare for bed, apply one or two drops of Cedarwood oil to the bottoms your feet as a quiet ritual.
- Deodorizer: Cedarwood essential oil’s fresh, woody aroma can effectively cut through unwanted odors and refresh the scent of any space. Simply add two to four drops of Cedarwood oil to a cotton ball and place inside a drawer, gym bag, closet, or vent for an effective passive deodorizer.
- Diffusion: Diffusing Cedarwood oil in your home, office, or workspace to promote a tranquil environment. The warm, forest-like aroma of Cedarwood oil is reminiscent of a calm forest, and you can invite the quiet of such a place indoors when you add three to five drops of Cedarwood oil to a diffuser of your choice.
Cedarwood has been used extensively throughout ancient history. The Egyptians incorporated it into their embalming rituals, the Phoenicians and Assyrians used cedarwood to build ships, and the cedar trees of Lebanon are thought to have been the source of one of the first essential oils extracted from nature.
What is Cedarwood Oil?
Cedar trees are coniferous evergreens. doTERRA Cedarwood essential oil comes from the wood of the species Juniperus virginiana, more commonly known as the eastern red cedar, a species belonging to the juniper family. The heartwood of this species is soft, often brownish-red in color, and beautifully aromatic. Steam distillation of this rich heartwood produces an equally fragrant essential oil.
What Essential Oils Blend Well with Cedarwood oil?
Because of its warm properties, Cedarwood oil blends well with herbal oils like Clary Sage oil, woody oils like Cypress oil, and spicy essential oils like Frankincense. Cedarwood oil also blends well with Bergamot oil, Cinnamon Bark oil, Jasmine oil, Patchouli oil, Sandalwood oil, and Vetiver oil.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.