Returns From 91 days to One Year After Purchase
After 91 days and up to twelve (12) months from the date of purchase, dōTERRA will provide a Product Credit of 90% or a refund of 90% of the purchase price (plus Refundable Taxes) on Currently Marketable products that are returned by an Wellness Advocate, less shipping costs (excludes limited time offers and expired items).
Products and Sales Aids shall be deemed currently marketable if each of the following elements is satisfied: 1) they are unopened and unused; 2) packaging and labeling have not been altered or damaged; 3) the product and packaging are in a condition such that it is a commercially reasonable practice within the trade to sell the merchandise at full price; 4) the product expiration date has not elapsed; and 5) the product contains current dōTERRA labeling. Products shall not be considered Currently Marketable if dōTERRA discloses prior to purchase that the products are seasonal, discontinued, limited time offers, or special promotion products not subject to the Return Policy.
Return of Damaged or Incorrectly Sent Products
dōTERRA will exchange products if the returned products were received by the purchaser in damaged condition or were incorrectly sent. Such products must be returned within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Whenever possible, returned products will be replaced with undamaged products. However, when an exchange is not feasible, dōTERRA reserves the right to issue a credit for the amount of the exchanged products.
Duty to Retain Sales Order Number
dōTERRA will not accept returned products without the original sales order number from the invoice. This number must be provided to dōTERRA at the time the request for a refund is made.
Products purchased as part of a pack or package must be returned as the entire pack.
dōTERRA in its discretion may determine the acceptable refund alternatives for product returns, including but not limited to the following: dōTERRA Company Credit, Product Credit, bank cheque, bank transfer, or credit card charge back, and as outlined herein. For Clarity, dōTERRA will not provide Product Credit unless the returned product was purchased with Product Credit or the returning Wellness Advocate specifically requests a refund in Product Credit. The actual form of refund will be based upon payment procedures in the Local Market and the original form of payment. Refunds will only be paid to the original payor.
To obtain a refund for returned products or Sales Aids, a Wellness Advocate must comply with these procedures:
• Approval for the return must be received prior to the return of the shipment to dōTERRA. This approval must be obtained, either by telephone or in writing, and the actual return shipment must be accompanied by the Wellness Advocate number.
• dōTERRA will provide the Wellness Advocate with the correct procedures and location for returning the products or Sales Aids. All return shipping costs must be paid for by the Wellness Advocate.
• Products or Sales Aids returned to dōTERRA without prior authorization will not qualify for a product credit or refund and will be returned to the Wellness Advocate at the Wellness Advocate’s expense.
• This return/refund procedure may vary in jurisdictions where different repurchase requirements are imposed by law. Applicable laws may dictate the terms of the refund policy.
• dōTERRA may charge a $10 fee for shipments that are refused at the point of delivery and returned to dōTERRA.
dōTERRA’s Right to Recoup Unearned Bonuses
When products are returned, dōTERRA has the right to recoup the Bonuses that were paid based on the sale of the products that were returned. dōTERRA may recoup these Bonuses by requiring a Wellness Advocate to pay dōTERRA directly, or dōTERRA may withhold the amount of the Bonus from future Bonus payments.
Return of Personalized Sales Aids
Personalized Sales Aids are not returnable or refundable, except for personalized Sales Aids with printing errors. Such sales aids must be returned within thirty days and in conformance with the Product Return Policy.
Credit Card Charge Backs
Wellness Advocates are required to return products under dōTERRA’s product exchange and return policies rather than doing a credit card chargeback.