Cedarwood essential oil is characterized by a warm and woody aroma and is derived from the bark of the cedarwood tree. Often used during massage for a soothing, relaxing aroma, Cedarwood essential oil also provides gentle cleansing benefits to the skin when applied topically.
Why should I add Cedarwood Oil to my collection? Similar to Vetiver essential oil and Sandalwood essential oil, Cedarwood essential oil is commonly known for its grounding aroma because of its chemical makeup. However, unlike some of these other wood essential oils, two of Cedarwood essential oil’s main constituents—cedrene and thujopsene—help notably improve the appearance of skin.
- Add one drop of Cedarwood oil to facial toner or moisturizer to promote clear, healthy looking skin.
- Add one to two drop of Cedarwood oil to a warm bath fora relaxing aroma.
- Massage one to two drops of Cedarwood oil onto the chest for an invigorating aroma before exercise.
- Blend one drop of Cedarwood oil with a few drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to skin after cleansing for a radiant complexion.
- Diffuse three to five drops of Cedarwood oil at the end of a long day for a relaxing aroma.
- Diffuse three to five drops of Cedarwood oil in an office or workspace for a peaceful aroma.
- Place a few drops of Cedarwood oil on a cotton ball and leave it in room corners or vents for a fresh aroma in closets and other areas.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Has an herbaceous, woody, relaxing aroma
- Can help clean skin
- Can improve the appearance of skin
- Promotes a radiant complexion
- Improves the scent of the home
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
Aroma Lite Diffuser™
α-cedrene, cedrol, thujosene