Derived from the roots of the thick Vetiver grass, Vetiver essential oil has a grounding, earthy, calming aroma often used during massage and in perfumes. Its relaxing fragrance supports a peaceful environment, especially useful at the end of a long day.
Vetiver essential oil is sourced in Haiti through the doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing® program.
Why should I add Vetiver essential oil to my collection? Vetiver contains multiple sesquiterpenes (complex organic compounds with a strong scent found in plants) including carvone, isovalencenol, and khusimol. These compounds give Vetiver essential oil a particularly grounding aroma, more so than any other root or plant essential oil, which make it exceptionally useful in an essential oil collection for both its aromatic and topical applications.
- Add two drops Vetiver oil to a warm bath for a relaxing aroma.
- Add one drop Vetiver oil to moisturizer for a revitalized appearance.
- Apply one to two drops Vetiver oil to neck and wrists as a personal, earthy fragrance.
- Apply two drops Vetiver oil to bottoms of feet for a grounding aroma before bedtime.
- Combine three to four drops Vetiver oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply topically to feet and legs after a day of standing as a calming aroma during a soothing massage.
- Use one to two drops Vetiver oil as an earthy base note in a diffuser blend.
- Diffuse one drop Vetiver oil with equal parts Lavender oil and Wild Orange oil for a relaxing, uplifting aroma.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Has a relaxing, earthy, grounding aroma
- Has a revitalizing effect on the skin
- Provides a calming aroma during a massage
*For a complete list of approved claims and benefits, see the Approved Claims List.
Roman Chamomile (NHP)
dōTERRA Lavender Touch®
Sweet, woody, caramel, smoky
Carvone, Isovalencenol, Khusimol