Winter is the most wonderful time of the year! There are holiday celebrations, gatherings with friends and family, delightful seasonal treats, and our personal favourite—festive essential oil fragrances! Here’s a list of ten essential oils that will help bring even more holiday spirit into your home this season.
Capture the fresh, piney aroma of the crisp Canadian forests with this wintertime favourite: Black Spruce essential oil. You can infuse your holiday habits with its powerful benefits through both topical and aromatic uses.
Ways to use Black Spruce:
- Add to homemade soaps for a perfect scented gift option.
- Add to a DIY surface cleaner for an earthy scent and cleansing boost.
- Diffuse for a grounding, energizing aroma during gatherings.
Shop Black Spruce
Stirring up memories of seasonal treats, spiced hot cocoa, and aromatic decorations is a true holiday staple: Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Let its warm, comforting aroma add the perfect festive touch to all your favourite traditions.
Ways to use Cinnamon Bark:
- Add a drop to a mug of homemade hot cocoa.
- Add a drop to potpourri decorations to refresh the scent.
- Diffuse on cold evenings for a warm, invigorating aroma.
Shop Cinnamon Bark Oil
Welcome a little extra warmth into your home this winter with the cozy aroma of Clove Bud essential oil. Whether you use it as a substitute for whole cloves in recipes or diffuse it during get-togethers, you will love all that Clove Bud has to offer.
Ways to use Clove Bud:
- Use as a substitute for whole cloves in holiday dishes and recipes.
- Add a drop or two to hot apple cider or classic wassail.
- Combine with Wild Orange oil in a spray bottle of water for an energizing holiday room spray.
Shop Clove Bud Oil
Enchant your senses with the fresh, airy fragrance of Douglas Fir essential oil. Perfect for skin care, home care, and diffusion, just one drop will carry you away to a wintry forest of fir trees.
Ways to use Douglas Fir:
- Add to your body wash for an energizing aroma and added cleansing benefits.
- Combine with a carrier oil for a revitalizing aroma during a soothing massage.
- Diffuse during holiday celebrations for a refreshing aroma aroma.
Shop Douglas Fir Oil
Cherished worldwide as the “king of oils,” the warm, peaceful fragrance of Frankincense essential oil will have a royal presence in your home this season. Include it in all your selfcare routines and favourite seasonal celebrations.
Ways to use Frankincense:
- Add to daily moisturizer to help soothe and moisturize dry skin.
- Add to a warm bath for a calming aroma as you soak.
- Diffuse on cold days to create a warm, peaceful atmosphere.
Shop Frankincense Oil
Holiday Joy is a celebrated seasonal blend that perfectly captures the joyful spirit of the holidays! Whether you apply a drop to your winter wardrobe or diffuse during family gatherings, we know you’ll enjoy each drop of pure holiday cheer.
Ways to use Holiday Joy:
- Apply one drop to coats and scarves for a festive aroma when going out.
- Add to a spray bottle of water and spritz on holiday decorations.
- Diffuse during the holidays to create a festive atmosphere.
Shop Holiday Joy Oil
Created with a unique blend of festive essential oils, including a few on this list, Holiday Peace is a true doTERRA classic. This blend adds a touch of winter tranquility to your favourite holiday traditions with its calming, piney scent.
Ways to use Holiday Peace:
- Combine one drop with Epsom salts in a warm bath soak.
- Apply to ornaments and decorations for an inviting, wintery scent.
- Diffuse in the home for a calming, peaceful aroma.
Shop Holiday Peace Oil
Make your season a little brighter with the warm, relaxing aroma Myrrh essential oil. Its enriching benefits can truly transform your skincare routine and its comforting scent provides the perfect backdrop for all your winter festivities.
Ways to use Myrrh:
- Add to facial cleanser for revitalizing effect on the skin.
- Use topically in conjunction with a full-body massage.
- Diffuse for a calming fragrance before bed.
Shop Myrrh Oil
Imagine a serene winter stroll surrounded by the scents of fir trees under a silver snowfall. Siberian Fir essential oil can take you there, whether you delight in its topical benefits or its forest-like aroma.
Ways to use Siberian Fir:
- Add a drop to shower floor for an energizing, centering fragrance.
- Add to nightly moisturizer to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Diffuse during holiday celebrations for a positive, soothing aroma.
Shop Siberian Fir Oil
Our holiday list wouldn’t be complete without the minty-fresh magic of Wintergreen essential oil. No matter how you incorporate its refreshing qualities of into your routines, just a few drops will transport your senses to a winter wonderland.
Ways to use Wintergreen:
- Massage into neck and shoulders for an invigorating scent.
- Add to a warm bath to create a relaxing environment.
- Diffuse in the morning for a sweet, uplifting winter aroma.
Shop Wintergreen Oil
We want to know your favourite festive essential oil! Was it on our list? Tell us on Instagram or Facebook and tag us (@doterraca)!