Clary Sage Oil Product Description
Enriched with the organic chemical linalyl acetate, Clary Sage essential oil is known as one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils when used aromatically and internally. This herbaceous oil can be used for a variety of purposes both externally and internally. In the Middle Ages, Clary Sage was used for its benefits to the skin and has continued to be popular for its topical benefits. When applied topically, Clary Sage oil calms and soothes the skin. Clary Sage oil can also be applied to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp. If used aromatically, Clary Sage oil promotes feelings of relaxation in preparation for a restful night’s sleep.
Where to Buy Clary Sage Essential Oil
To buy a pure and potent bottle of Clary Sage essential oil, visit the Clary Sage oil product page.
At doTERRA, we know that essential oils must be pure and potent in order to best fulfill the needs of those that use them. Too often, essential oils available for purchase contain contaminants and filler substances that weaken the essential oil’s effectiveness. With the sole purpose to provide pure and potent essential oils, doTERRA ensures that their oils are free of harmful contaminants and fillers through the CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ protocol. This protocol includes a series of rigorous tests that determine the quality of each batch of essential oils. When an essential oil batch passes through the protocol and is found potent and pure, the oils are packaged and sold. The careful testing and care of each essential oil batch allow for customers to confidently know that the doTERRA essential oils they receive are high quality and can effectively meet their needs.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Hairdryers, flat irons, crimpers, and curling irons can all make your hair look glamourous, but for how long? With frequent use of a heated styling tool, hair strands can begin to break and split, making hair look damaged and unhealthy. Keep your hair looking radiant with this do-it-yourself Heat Protectant Spray infused with Clary Sage essential oil and Geranium oil. Clary Sage oil is known for its ability to promote healthy-looking hair and is a perfect essential oil to keep your strands looking stronger, longer!
- During your menstrual cycle, bring relief to your abdomen by using Clary Sage oil. Simply apply Clary Sage oil to the needed area of your abdomen and rub for a soothing massage. The natural chemical components of Clary Sage oil are among the most soothing and calming compounds, making Clary Sage oil an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame.
- After a long day of working, running around with the kids, or studying for an exam, treat yourself to a soothing bath with Clary Sage oil and Lavender. This bath with essential oils will not only excite your smelling senses, but it will also work to relieve stress. With both Clary Sage oil and Lavender containing linalyl acetate, these two oils are some of the most powerful soothing, relaxing, and calming oils available.
- Do you ever feel like you’re breathing in toxic chemicals when you use hairspray? Try this homemade Herbal Hairspray with essential oils, and avoid the thick, overpowering feeling of store-bought hairspray. Using Clary Sage oil, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, and Rosemary essential oils, this effective spray will hold your hair in place while reducing unwanted chemicals and enhancing your hair’s natural beauty.
- Why linger in stress mode when you can easily experience the relaxing and calming aromatic benefits of Clary Sage oil? For those off days, apply one to two drops of Clary Sage oil to the bottom of your feet or to your pulse points. Because Clary Sage oil has a powerful soothing aroma, applying the oil to these areas will promote feelings of balance and relaxation.
- Want to experience soft and silky hair without buying deep hair conditioning products or getting expensive conditioning treatments? Try making your own quality All-Natural Deep Hair Conditioner with this DIY recipe. You can choose a selection of your favorite essential oils to add to this recipe; however, we highly recommend using specific essential oils for hair use, especially Clary Sage essential oil due to its natural ability to promote healthy-looking hair. With this homemade conditioner, your locks will look, feel, and smell radiant.
- All too often, people get ready for bed, exhausted, ready to sleep the moment their head hits their pillow only to find that their mind wants to stay awake. Their heads suddenly fill with to do lists, activities of the day, or maybe even philosophical questions about the universe that cause them to stay awake or toss and turn all night. Sound familiar? Don’t let your thoughts eat into crucial sleeping time. Instead, relax your mind and body by using Clary Sage oil aromatically. Apply one to two drops of Clary Sage essential oil to your pillow to create a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep.
- Enhance your shampoo and conditioner with the addition of Clary Sage oil. For healthy-looking hair, add three to four drops of Clary Sage oil to your shampoo or conditioner. This herbal addition will leave your hair smelling naturally fresh and will help provide benefits that will leave your hair looking strong and beautiful.
- Combine the best of citrus and herbs with this uplifting diffuser blend. Add two drops of Clary Sage oil, two drops of Grapefruit, and 4 drops of Lime essential oils to your diffuser and experience a bright and sweet aroma. The strong citrus scent of Lime will promote feelings of balance and energy while helping lift the mood, while Grapefruit will provide a clarifying effect to the mind. The subtle hints of Clary Sage essential oil will aid in soothing and relaxing. Together, these essential oils provide a mood-boosting aroma that will relax and balance the mind and body.
- Clary Sage oil contains linalyl acetate, which is a powerful chemical component that contributes greatly to the oil’s relaxing, balancing, and soothing properties when used aromatically and internally. Try experimenting with Clary Sage essential oil to see how this relaxing and balancing oil can best meet your individual and family needs.
Where does Clary Sage oil come from? Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that is fast growing. In the first year of growth, the base of the plant produces medium-green, course leaves. In its second year of growth, the Clary Sage plant yields flowers from stalks with upright spikes. These flowers are either violet or white in color. Clary Sage oil is extracted from the flower. The Clary Sage plant grows best in full sun and well-drained soil.1
Chemistry of Clary Sage Essential Oil
Main Chemical Components: Linalyl acetate, linalool
The main chemical components of Clary Sage oil are linalool and linalyl acetate. Linalool is a powerful constituent that can affect both the mood and the body. As mentioned by the doTERRA Science blog, a recent study shows that internal use of linalool affects the monoaminergic system of the brain.*2 When Linalool enters this system, it acts on multiple receptors. Because multiple receptors are targeted, the effects of linalool are more potent and long lasting than molecules that target only one receptor. This effect supports the brain chemistry balance in these receptors, which has the effect of reducing sad feelings.* Another study suggests that ingesting linalool by itself may facilitate the normal process of relaxation of the blood vessels.*3 Linalool used internally is also thought to promote relaxation in the body.4 In addition to linalool, linalyl acetate contains relaxing and soothing properties when used internally because enzymes in the body metabolize linalyl acetate to linalool.5 Linalyl acetate is also part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. To learn more about the chemical properties of Clary Sage oil, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Clary Sage Oil
Clary Sage oil blends well with citrus oils such as Lemon, Lime, and Wild Orange, as well as other essential oils like Frankincense, Cypress, Geranium, and Sandalwood essential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Buy Clary Sage Now
1. "Clary Sage: Herbaceous Perennial or Berennial Flower, Herb"
2. "doTERRA Science Blog: Reduce Sad Feelings with linalool and beta-pinene"
3. "doTERRA Science Blog: Linalool may bring out relaxation of blood vessels"
4. "doTERRA Science Blog: Essential Oil Metabolism"
5. Essential Oil Metabolism"