dōTERRA U.S.A. Online Privacy Notice
dōTERRA International, LLC
Effective Date: December 19, 2017
dōTERRA International, LLC (“dōTERRA”) respects your concerns about privacy. This U.S. Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain through dōTERRA’s websites and mobile applications listed here (collectively, the “Sites”) [Insert hyperlink to Appendix A], how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available regarding our use of the information. The Notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information we obtain and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
Information We Obtain
We obtain certain personal information through the Sites in connection with the products and services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- contact information, such as name, phone and fax number, and email and postal address;
- information used to create your account to access the Sites, such as birth date, spouse’s name, photo, preferred language, Enroller ID, Sponsor ID, online password, and, if you are a Wellness Advocate, Social Security number (or equivalent) or Tax ID number;
- payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf;
- information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at dōTERRA, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education, language skills, certifications/licenses and work eligibility status) and details about your current employment; dōTERRA uses a third-party service provider to host its Career Opportunities pages and related personal information is obtained by this service provider; and
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us, such as through the “Feedback” feature, public forums or customer support tools on the Sites.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means
When you interact with the Sites, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s web browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, other identifiers associated with your devices, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of Site visits. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our products, services and Sites; (3) tailor our products, services and Sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our products, services and Sites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products, services and Sites.
Your web browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using cookies or similar tools.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- provide our products and services to you;
- send promotional materials, newsletters and other communications about our products and services;
- establish and manage your account with dōTERRA;
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- identify and authenticate you so you may order our products and access and use the Sites;
- communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, promotions, offers surveys, focus groups and market research;
- provide Wellness Advocate and customer support and respond to inquiries;
- increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse;
- perform data analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes;
- operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business and the Sites (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products, services and Sites; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We use third-party web analytics services on the Sites, including Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel[HW1] . These service providers use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses) to evaluate use of the Sites.
To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about Facebook Pixel and how to opt out, please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950?helpref=faq_content.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
We may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
This data collection takes place both on the Sites and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.The Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising in the United States, please visit www.aboutads.info/choicesor http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you except as described in this U.S. Online Privacy Notice. We may share your personal information with (1) our affiliates and subsidiaries and (2) our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as order fulfillment, customer support, payment processing and data analytics. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this U.S. Online Privacy Notice. You also may make changes to the personal information used to create your account with dōTERRA by logging into your account.
As required by law, you may (1) have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update or correct your personal information; (3) object to the processing of your personal information or withdraw your prior consent, if applicable; and (4) ask us to block or delete your personal information from our database. To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain.
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
The Sites may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest buttons). These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review.
To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, dōTERRA is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure or use.
Children's Personal Information
The Sites are designed for a general audience service and are not directed to children. dōTERRA does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will promptly delete that information.
Updates To This U.S. Online Privacy Notice
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this U.S. Online Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or change your preferences, or if you would like to exercise other applicable data protection rights, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
dōTERRA International, LLC
Attn: Legal Department
389 South 1300 West
Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice applies to dōTERRA’s online processing of personal information through the following websites and mobile apps:
dōTERRA Daily Drop Mobile App (available at https://www.doterra.com/US/en/university/living/daily-drop)