- Diffuse during a yoga practice or while meditating for its grounding and uplifting properties.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover your head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Apply 1–2 drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and lessen feelings of tension.
What is Sandalwood Oil Used for?
Sandalwood is a precious essential oil distilled from the fragrant wood of sandalwood trees, which grow in tropical locations including India, Hawaii, Indonesia, Nepal, and Australia. Sandalwood trees are among the most expensive trees in the world and the oil is equally precious. Often used to enhance meditation, Sandalwood essential oil has a powerful ability to lessen tension and balance emotions. Thanks to its alluring and calming aroma, Sandalwood is the base note in many exquisite perfumes and aftershaves.
Sandalwood offers powerful grounding and mood-enhancing properties. It is highly valued in incense and used during meditation practices all over the world to increase mindfulness. Sandalwood imparts a sense of well-being and has a beneficial effect on mood. Combine Sandalwood with Lavender and Wild Orange and massage into the skin to help reduce anxious or tense feelings.
Can I Apply Sandalwood on My Face?
Thanks to its chemical constituent santalol, Sandalwood is beautifying to the skin. When applied topically, Sandalwood can minimize the appearance of blemishes, wrinkles, and skin imperfections. Mix a drop with your moisturizer to promote a healthy, clear complexion. You can also add it to your shampoo or condition to give your hair a desirable silky feel.