There’s nothing quite like a refreshing shower to start the day—except perhaps a warm, relaxing shower at the end of a long one! These Grapefruit essential oil shower melts will transform your shower into a full spa experience. On top of that, they’re incredibly easy to make and only require three ingredients: cornstarch, distilled water, and Grapefruit essential oil. Once you’ve tried them Grapefruit, you’ll want to make these essential oil shower melts using all your favorite essential oils. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2+ tablespoons distilled water
- 5–7 drops Grapefruit oil
- Add the Grapefruit essential oil and corn starch to a bowl. Mix well. It will look like a crumbly powder.
- Pour in the two tablespoons of distilled water. Continue to mix. Clumps will begin to form.
- Continue adding a few drops of water at a time, mixing well. Once you have a thick paste, transfer the mixture to your mini ice cube tray. Smooth out flat.
- Freeze the contents for an hour or until the mixture is set. Note: You don’t need to leave the shower melts frozen. Once they’re set, you can place them in a jar and store them in a cool and dry place. However, if your cubes seem runny, you can store them in the freezer instead and try a little less water the next time you make them.
- When you want to use a shower melt, place one on the floor of the shower and turn on the water. As the water stream hits the cube, it’ll begin to dissolve, and the aroma of Grapefruit essential oil will fill the air.