Thyme Oil Uses and Benefits
Essential Oil Spotlight
Essential Oil Spotlight
Thyme Oil Product Description
For centuries, thyme has been used across nations and cultures for incense in holy temples, ancient embalming practices, and warding off nightmares. Just as its history is rich with a variety of uses, thyme’s diverse benefits and uses continue today. Thyme essential oil is extracted from the leaf of the thyme plant and is high in thymol. The powerful combination of organic chemicals in Thyme essential oil provide a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin; however, because of the prominent presence of thymol, Thyme oil should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut oil before application. Thyme essential oil is commonly used to add spice and flavor to a variety of meals and can also be taken internally to support a healthy immune system.* Thyme essential oil also has the ability to naturally repel insects.
Where to Buy Thyme Oil
To buy a pure bottle of Thyme, visit the Thyme oil product page or order from a local doTERRA Wellness Advocate.
For maximum effect, essential oils must be both potent and pure. Often times, oils that are available for purchase contain filler substances and other elements that dilute and alter the purity and lessen their benefits and effects. In order to maintain a high standard of pure essential oils, doTERRA puts every batch of essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol examines the essential oils through a series of rigorous tests. If the oil is found pure, then it is sold for public use so that individuals across the world can experience the powerful benefits of essential oils.
In order to establish a high level of potency in essential oils, essential oil plants must be grown in optimal soil, temperature, and climate and then harvested at the right time. doTERRA sources their essential oils from locations all over the world for this purpose. doTERRA’s sourcing methods allow for the essential oil plants to be grown in their ideal environment and be harvested by skilled, local farmers.
This extensively thought-out process of sourcing and testing allows for doTERRA’s essential oils to reach a high standard of purity and potency. When you buy doTERRA essential oils, you are purchasing quality and effectivity.
Thyme Oil Uses and Benefits
- Feeling mentally lethargic in the middle of the day? For a change of pace, add Thyme essential oil to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to get your mental wheels turning. Thyme oil has a stimulating aroma, and adding it to your favorite mid-day diffuser blend will promote a sense of alertness.
- Spring clean your skin with Thyme essential oil. Because Thyme oil has a cleansing and purifying effect on skin, it is an ideal oil for skin care. To purify and promote healthy-looking skin, dilute one to two drops of Thyme essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and then apply the solution to targeted areas on the skin.
- Treat your taste buds to the delicious and cultural tastes of Basil Marinated Roasted Pepper and Manchego Sandwiches. This essential oil recipe combines the nuttiness of Manchego cheese with the dynamic flavors of roasted red peppers, arugula, and essential oils. For a delightful twist to this recipe, replace Basil essential oil with Thyme essential oil.
- Thyme’s internal benefits are not just limited to its flavorful addition to foods; its internal effects are much greater. Taken internally, Thyme oil supports a healthy immune system.* To help support your immune system, especially during winter months, add two drops of Thyme essential oil to a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take it internally.*
- Don’t let those insects bug you, just give them a little bit of Thyme. Thyme oil contains chemical properties that naturally repel insects. To keep those bugs away, place a couple of drops of Thyme oil on a cotton ball and put it in corners where those little creeping crawlies are sure to hide. When gardening, place Thyme oil, diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, on your wrists and neck to keep the insects away.
- Thyme essential oil is great for enhancing your favorite savory meals and can be used to replace dried Thyme. To add a fresh herbal flavor to your food, use one to two drops of Thyme essential oil in meat and entrée dishes.
- Create your own healthy alternative to commercial deodorants with this DIY Essential Oil Deodorant recipe. This recipe is easy to do and is customizable to your preferences. For a herbaceous and floral scent, add Thyme essential oil. Incorporating Thyme oil in your personalized deodorant will also have a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin.
- Having Thyme essential oil on hand in the kitchen will not just prove to be helpful in cooking, but in cleaning as well. Thyme oil is one of the best essential oils for cleaning due to its powerful cleansing properties. Thyme essential oil can help to clean surfaces and remove dirt, grime, and unpleasant odors—all without the use of harmful chemicals.