Spikenard Oil Product Description
Revered since ancient times for its uplifting, relaxing aroma and ability to promote clean skin, Spikenard essential oil is still extremely useful and beneficial today. Used to promote healthy skin, relaxation, and an uplifted mood, Spikenard oil is known for its distinct, woody, spicy scent that creates a pleasant aroma when diffused or used as a personal perfume.
Where to buy Spikenard Oil
Are you interested in buying your own bottle of Spikenard oil? You can learn more about purchasing by visiting the Spikenard oil product information page.
The release of doTERRA Spikenard essential oil was announced at the 2016 doTERRA Convention, along with other new product releases. Before releasing a new product, doTERRA always ensures that we can sustain responsible sourcing and efficient testing, and bring oil users the most pure and potent CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic® oils available. Like other doTERRA essential oils, Spikenard oil has been responsibly sourced, thoroughly tested, and retains the pure, natural elements that make it a high quality product.
Spikenard Oil Uses and Benefits
- One of the greatest benefits of Spikenard oil is its uplifting aroma that can help promote feelings of relaxation and calmness. Throughout history, Spikenard has commonly been used to manage and uplift mood, or to help promote relaxation. Today, Spikenard oil can be helpful for promoting calm, relaxing, or uplifting feelings when used topically or aromatically.
- Not only is Spikenard oil known for its uplifting properties, but it is also a very grounding oil. The grounding properties of Spikenard essential oil make it a popular choice for aromatherapy and meditation. The woody, musty scent of Spikenard oil makes it a useful oil for aromatherapy and massage, while the grounding properties make it useful for promoting relaxation during meditation.
- Spikenard essential oil is revered for its benefits for skin. People often use Spikenard oil for skin due to its cleansing and purifying properties. To experience the skin benefits of Spikenard oil, consider adding a few drops of the oil to your daily cleanser or favorite anti-aging product. By incorporating Spikenard oil into your skincare routine, you’ll promote a healthy, glowing complexion. You can also combine a few drops of Spikenard oil with hydrating or moisturizing cream when you want to smooth or soften your skin.
- With a unique woody, spicy scent, Spikenard is commonly used in the perfume industry. When you want to create your own personalized essential oil perfume, consider combining Spikenard oil with complementary oils like Clove, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Wild Orange, or any other oils that pair well with Spikenard. You can experiment with different scents to create your own personalized perfume that allows the pleasant aroma of Spikenard to linger on your clothes or skin throughout the day.
- Spikenard oil can be applied topically to help promote calm or relaxing feelings. When you want to experience the calming benefits of Spikenard essential oil, apply one or two drops to the temples or back of the neck. Before applying Spikenard to the skin, consider diluting the oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to help minimize skin sensitivity.
Native to the alpine regions of the Himalayas, Nardostachys jatamansi is a flowering plant that belongs to the Valerian family. The plant produces small, delicate pink flowers, and thrives in high altitudes, which is why it flourishes so easily in the Himalayan mountains. Spikenard essential oil can be found in the roots of the plant and is produced using the process of steam distillation. For centuries, Spikenard has been used traditionally in Ayurvedic health practices native to India, and was historically used to anoint those of high honor.
doTERRA sources Spikenard oil from Nepal, where they can provide sustainable income for Spikenard harvesters and distillers. Because many of these harvest areas are remote, it can be difficult for distillers and harvesters to receive the income necessary to support their families. With the doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative in Nepal, Spikenard harvesters and distillers can enjoy fair, on time payments. Not only does this initiative help the harvesters themselves, but doTERRA also works to help these rural areas with special community projects that aim to improve quality of life.
Oils that Blend Well with Spikenard Oil
When blending Spikenard oil with other essential oils, consider using woody or spicy oils like Clove, Frankincense, Juniper Berry, Myrrh, or Vetiver oil. Spikenard also pairs well with floral essential oils like Geranium, Lavender, and Rose. The unique aroma of Spikenard oil also pairs well with refreshing essential oils like Wild Orange.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.