Product Spotlight: IQ Mega®
IQ Mega Product Description
According to the National Institutes of Health, as of 2012 nearly 8 percent of U.S. adults take a daily fish oil supplement, making it the most popular natural product in the industry. There is a reason, actually many reasons, why fish oil supplementation is so popular.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs), lipids vital for optimum health, are crucial for a number of important functions. However, essential fatty acids must be provided through the diet because the body is incapable of synthesizing them. EFAs serve a number of significant functions within the body, including cell growth, brain development, muscle activity, immune function, joint health, and many others. There is also a growing body of research concerning their influence on long-term health. As the science of nutrition continues to evolve, it is becoming clear that EFA intake is one the most important aspects of good nutrition.
These precious health-supporting substances are often difficult to consume in adequate amounts in our regular diet. Fatty fish is the best source, but due to the risk of exposure to toxic pollutants such as mercury, it is generally recommended that no more than two to three servings per week are consumed. Marine algae, another excellent source, is not a common component in most cuisines and can be expensive. Walnuts, flaxseeds, and canola oil are excellent sources of certain EFAs, but lack significant concentrations of others. All of these sources are also very energy dense, so those on calorie-restricted diets may seek other options.
So, why isn’t everybody taking an EFA supplement? Taste. EFA supplements generally have an off-putting smell and a corresponding “fishy” taste. doTERRA IQ Mega takes the fishy taste out of fish oil, replacing it with the fresh flavor of doTERRA Wild Orange oil.
What Makes IQ Mega Unique?
Along with providing 1,000 mg of pure, concentrated, molecularly-filtered, and completely deodorized fish oil, one of the biggest factors that sets IQ Mega apart from other supplements is taste. One of the primary reasons people often forgo an EFA supplement is due to the smell and taste. Formulated with the fresh orange flavor of Wild Orange CPTG® essential oil, IQ Mega has a wonderful citrus scent and pleasant flavor that the entire family will enjoy. Even those picky-eating children, who need EFAs for normal neurological development, will love the taste.
IQ Mega Uses and Benefits
- IQ Mega can promote healthy cardiovascular, nervous, and immune system function.* This makes it a useful part of any healthy lifestyle.
- IQ Mega can also help support healthy joint function and comfort.* While many take joint supplements in addition to a fish oil supplement, IQ Mega includes benefits for healthy, comfortable joints.*
- IQ Mega also provides important modulating nutrients for healthy immune function.*
- Another benefit of IQ Mega is that it can help protect against lipid oxidation and supports healthy function of the brain and eyes.*
- The ingredients in IQ Mega, including the use of essential oil, make it useful for supporting healthy skin.*
- While many dislike fish oil supplements due to their off-putting taste, IQ Mega includes the sweet, refreshing aroma and taste of Wild Orange essential oil. By including this CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oil, the IQ Mega formula has a more appealing scent and taste when compared to similar supplements on the market.
- The IQ Mega formula was specifically designed to be used daily with doTERRA a2z Chewable™ as a comprehensive dietary supplement foundation for a lifetime of vitality and wellness.*
- Along with the use of essential oils, other ingredients in the IQ Mega formula keep it from giving a less-than-desirable scent. IQ Mega delivers 1,000 mg of pure, concentrated, molecularly-filtered, and completely deodorized fish oil with 600 mg of EPA and 400 mg of DHA per daily serving. This means that unlike most fish oils, it doesn’t stink.
- With a delicious Wild Orange flavor, IQ Mega is kid-approved, particularly for those picky eaters, or children who do not like taking supplements
How to Take IQ Mega?
Take one teaspoon daily. After opening, refrigerate and consume within 100 days. Product may change appearance when refrigerated. Keep bottle tightly closed to preserve freshness. Store away from direct heat and light.
Keep out of reach of children. Pregnant or nursing women and people with known medical conditions should consult a physician before using. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Does not contain gluten, dairy, wheat, soy, or nut products.
To learn more about this product, visit the IQ Mega Q&A page.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.