While there is no good replacement for a good old-fashioned tooth brush and floss, the American Dental Association (ADA) points out that a mouthwash can be a helpful addition to your oral hygiene routine. Why? It reaches parts of your mouth that are not accessible by a toothbrush alone, and helps rinse away debris. But the mouthwash you choose can have an impact on how useful your mouthwash can be.
The new doTERRA On Guard Mouthwash will take your oral hygiene routine to the next level. The added protecting benefits of the doTERRA On Guard® blend, along with other natural ingredients, means that you’re getting a mouthwash that leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean every time you use it.
doTERRA On Guard Mouthwash Uses and Benefits
- The formula is safe and gentle for everyone. Not all mouthwashes are made the same. Some mouthwashes that contain alcohol can dry out your mouth and combat your natural mouthwash—your saliva—from doing its job. If you struggle with dry mouth at all, it is important to use an alcohol-free option. Fortunately, the doTERRA On Guard Mouthwash is alcohol free. This also means that it is safe for kids twelve years old and older (based on how well they can rinse with water), and all the adults in your family.
- Use it on a daily basis to fight back the plaque and maintain clean teeth. Plaque is a normal occurrence even when you’re staying on top of your brushing routine, but it doesn’t mean that you have to live with a buildup of it between dentist visits. The Miswak extract specifically helps to reduce excessive plaque buildup, and keep your smile bright in the process.
- The mouthwash plays an important role in promoting healthy-looking gums. Your gums are just as important as your teeth when it comes to dental health. Your gums are also affected by plaque, which is why flossing is so important. The mouthwash plays a critical role by rinsing away some of the debris and food particles that could potentially irritate your gums.
- The natural ingredients, including xylitol, help to strengthen teeth. As you know, your teeth have to be tough to face all the daily wear-and-tear. Taking proper care of your teeth with the addition of the doTERRA On Guard Mouthwash means that you can keep enjoying a healthy smile for years to come.
- It will help your mouth feel fresh and clean for longer. At the end of the day, the most important characteristic of a mouthwash is that it helps your mouth feel cleaner and fresher in a way that would not be possible without the mouthwash. You can feel good about this clean-feeling too, because only natural ingredients are used—no harsh chemicals or artificial flavors needed.
- Use after a meal to freshen your breath and clean your teeth. Aside from your normal routine, keep the mouthwash on hand to use after you’ve finished an important business lunch or special occasion where your smile needs to look its best regardless of your choice of entrée.
Essential Oils. The mouthwash is made with the five different essential oils in the doTERRA On Guard blend: Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary. Each of these oils gently cleanse and soothe the mouth.
Miswak extract. From the Salvadora persica tree, miswak is a teeth-cleaning twig traditionally used before the advent of the modern toothbrush. It helps to control the formation of plaque.
Xylitol. A naturally-occurring alcohol found in plant material, widely used as a sugar substitute but also in oral hygiene products to maintain healthy and strong teeth.
How to Use doTERRA On Guard Mouthwash
Use the mouthwash morning and night after brushing your teeth with doTERRA On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste. Shake the bottle well and measure out the appropriate dose of mouthwash according to the cap. Swish for a minimum of 60 seconds, and then spit. Do not rinse for the mouthwash to have full effect. Alternately, you can use the mouthwash before brushing your teeth to loosen plaque and debris from the surface of your teeth before brushing.