Cypress Essential Oil Product Description
Promoting vitality and boosting energetic feelings, Cypress essential oil can be used for its aromatic and topical benefits. Cypress essential oil is composed of monoterpenes, which can help improve the appearance of oily skin. It can also be applied topically to give the body an energizing lift. The chemical structure of Cypress essential oil also contributes to its renewing and uplifting fragrance. When used aromatically, Cypress produces a clean aroma that has both an invigorating and grounding effect on the emotions. Due to Cypress essential oil’s rejuvenating aroma and skin benefits, it is commonly used in spas and by massage therapists.
Where to Buy Cypress Essential Oil
All too often, essential oils that are available for purchase contain contaminates or filler substances. These extra substances weaken the power of an essential oil and reduce their effectivity in helping fulfill individual needs. For this reason, it is crucial to get essential oils that are potent and pure. In order to guarantee effective essential oils, doTERRA subjects each batch of essential oils to the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®
protocol. This protocol contains a series of thorough tests to ensure the maximum potency and purity of each oil sold. When customers buy from doTERRA, they can feel confident that the essential oils they receive are potent and pure, making them most effective for their needs.Cypress Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- A salve can be an effective way to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils. Try making your own Cypress salve with this DIY Soothing Salve recipe. The addition of Cypress oil to the other oils in this recipe creates an invigorating vapor that can be useful during winter months. This salve has the texture of petroleum jelly and can be customized to fit your needs.
- Needing the energy to get up and run? Don’t sweat it, just apply Cypress essential oil to your feet and legs prior to a long run. The vitalizing sensation of Cypress essential oil on your skin will give you the motivational boost you need to endure and enjoy your long run.
- Oily skin is a common problem for many people. If you are looking for a way to reduce the shiny glow of oily skin, add Cypress essential oil to your daily routine. To rid your skin of the oily look, add one to two drops of Cypress essential oil to help improve the appearance of oily skin. This addition to your daily toner can help you feel more confident in your external radiance.
- Fill the air with the fresh scents of essential oils in this Cypress diffuser blend. Add Lime and Cypress essential oils in the diffuser of your choice for an invigorating scent. The soft, woody aroma of Cypress essential oil will work to renew and uplift the senses while the scent of Lime will help purify the air. This diffuser combination is perfect for diffusing in times of transition or when feeling a lack of energy.
- Cypress essential oil is known for its skin benefits. Don’t miss out on Cypress oil’s amazing qualities. Topically apply Cypress essential oil for a cleansing and calming effect.
- Fill your home with the scent of fresh forest air by using this essential oil diffuser blend. Add two drops of Cypress, three drops White Fir, and one drop Cedarwood for a refreshing, woodsy aroma. These three tree-based oils will give you the feel of a fresh evergreen forest that will be perfect for any outdoor lover.
- Are you wanting a renewed and fresh look for your skin? Try using the topical benefits of Cypress essential oil by adding it to doTERRA’s unscented Spa Hand & Body Lotion. This homemade, Cypress-infused lotion can also be used for its aromatic benefits to produce a grounding and stimulating scent when applied.
- Give yourself a little piece of relaxation at the end of the day by using Cypress essential oil in a bath. For optimal results, add a half cup of Epsom salt and three drops of Cypress essential oil to a warm tub to help your body relax and revitalize after a stressful day.
- When you are feeling stagnant, inhale Cypress essential oil directly from the bottle. Inhaling Cypress has many benefits and can have a grounding and stimulating effect on the emotions. Because Cypress essential oil contains a variety monoterpenes, its aromatic compounds help to uplift and give you the added boost you may need.
Due to its erect and evergreen features, the cypress tree is commonly used for cemetery landscaping.
The Cypress tree, commonly used in landscapes, is a perennial evergreen. Defining features of this tree are its upright and tall form. These trees can grow to exceptional heights of 60 to 80 feet tall. The foliage of the Cypress tree is dark green and scale like. The tree also produces cones that are 1.5 inches across. These cones are woody and scaly and usually take two years to mature. The origin of the Cypress tree is the Mediterranean area and western Asia.1
Chemistry of Cypress Essential Oil
Main Chemical Components: α-pinene, carene, limonene
The three main chemical components of Cypress essential oil are α-pinene, carene, and limonene. Both limonene and α-pinene are part of the monoterpenes group and have strong uplifting characteristics. α-pinene is also well known as a chemical with powerful renewing properties. To learn more about the chemical components found in Cypress oil or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog
Oils that Blend Well with Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress essential oil blends well with citrus oils like Lemon
, and Wild Orange
, as well as other oils such as Bergamot
, Clary Sage
, Juniper Berry
, and Sandalwood
essential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.