With Thanksgiving just around the corner we thought we would share some delicious holiday recipes, but with a healthier doTERRA twist. The first recipe is a Sweet Potato Casserole with pecan topping and spiced with Cinnamon Bark oil. This side dish is sweet, creamy, and highlights some yummy fall flavors.
4 cooked sweet potatoes, peeled
¾ cup canned coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ cup pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ orange, juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
4 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
1½ cups chopped pecans
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
- Place cooked sweet potatoes, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, nutmeg, orange juice, and Cinnamon Bark oil into a large bowl.
- With a hand mixer, blend until everything is combined. If desired, you can add more maple syrup or Cinnamon Bark oil.
- Spread into an oven-safe dish and set aside.
- Combine all topping ingredients until pecans are well coated. Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake in oven at 350° F for 50–60 minutes, or until pecans have slightly browned. Serve warm.
Tip: For more sweetness, drizzle maple syrup on top.