Enjoy a fresh, homemade snack when you make this Sauteed Tomatillo Salsa.
1 pound tomatillos
2 jalapeno peppers
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 small onion, quartered
1 cup cilantro
⅓ cup water
Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Remove husks from tomatillos. Rinse well.
- Cut stemmed tops off jalapenos then split in half. Using a spoon, scrape away seeds. If you don't mind heat, leave peppers whole.
- Lightly grease griddle or skillet. Place on medium heat. When hot, place tomatillos, peppers, garlic, and onions in pan.
- Turn vegetables over with tongs to soften as much surface as possible. Peppers, onions, and garlic will soften quickly.
- After approximately five minutes, remove onions, garlic, and peppers to blender. Continue roasting tomatillos for another five minutes, before placing them in blender.
- Allow to cool, and then add water, Lime oil, and cilantro. Place blender lid on loosely, and puree until smooth.
- Pour salsa into bowl. Add salt to taste.