Made with natural ingredients, pumpkin butter is a fall-flavored treat that is sure to please. This recipe combines the rich flavors of Ginger, Cinnamon, and Clove oils. All three oils have different benefits when taken internally: Cinnamon maintains the immune system, while Clove supports cardiovascular health, and Ginger assists the digestive system.*
1 29-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
⅔ cup coconut sugar (or substitute organic brown sugar)
¼ cup grade-A maple syrup
½ cup unsweetened apple juice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 toothpick Ginger oil
1 toothpick Cinnamon Bark oil
1 toothpick Clove oil
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to combine.
- Once mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Cool completely and use immediately, or store in a glass container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Add this delicious butter to scones, muffins, toast, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, and more.
Tips: As the butter thickens the boiling pumpkin mixture can easily splatter and burn. To help with this you can cover the sauce pan with a lid, propped open with a spoon to allow steam to escape, and wear long sleeves to protect your arms as you stir.