Freshly roasted beets add a beautiful fuschia color to this homemade hummus. Lime oil, cumin, and garlic give this recipe serious flavor. Serve this beautiful hummus with pita chips or spread over toast with fresh avocado.
1 can chickpeas
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp lime juice
2½ tbsp tahini
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cumin (or 1 drop Cumin oil)
2 drops Lime oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wrap beetroots in aluminum foil and roast for one–two hours at 450°F.
- When beets are tender throughout, remove and allow to cool.
- Peel the beets and chop into cubes.
- Blend beets, chickpeas, and garlic in a food processor.
- Add tahini, lime juice, Lime oil, salt, cumin, a little water, and continue blending until hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Add more water until desired consistency is reached.
Tips: If you'd rather not use aluminum foil, you can also boil your beets for about 45 minutes rather than roasting them.